08 Busa vrs. 08 ZX-14

For those of you that don't get an early copy of Motorcyclist...the Feb. issue tests an 08 ZX-14 and on page 59 advises...."A well known, (but anonymous due to sponsorship issues) professional dragracer did 20 1/4 mile runs on each bike".....and I paraphrase....both bikes were lowered with straps in front and shorter links in rear...the Kawasaki's best run was 9.24 seconds @ 150.00 mph.....the Hayabusa's best run was 9.23 seconds @ 151.5 mph!  These figures represent the level playing field representation of Kawasaki and Suzukis latest editions of the ZX-14 and Hayabusa. Same rider, same track, same time, same prep methodology, 20 times each to do this. What else is there to say.

Raydog
yep hats off to suzuki & kawasaki for these two great machines,a person genuinly couldnt go wrong with either one. no matter what anybody says im glad kawi came out with the 14 to keep things interesting.

i have ridden my friends 14 and my busa and they are both bad azz bikes..no doubt!!! i`ve owned both zuks and kawi so i`m not really bias but i just like the way the busa rides and looks over the 14 ... i have rode my busa 350 mile in one day and felt ready to ride somemore(and i`m not a small boy) heck if i want to go hit some twisties and do some wheelies and still go fast as hell i just get out my 1k..
firedevil.gif

poke.gif
the grey/silver busa is the safest in the world!
beerchug.gif

(they need an emoticon showing him dumping a bucket of gasoline on an open fire)
thumb_up.gif

I just can't get past the weight gain when I was told by a dealership owner I trust that Zuk was gonna lighten it up.
Given I perfer the twisties to the straights, this may have equalled things a bit closer with the almighty R1's and Gixxer 1K's that think they're all that (and abag of chips) in the real road riding world, not the track.
I can hang or better most of them but, the physical effort of fliucking a Busa repeatedly gets well on ya given time in the real technical stuff.
Nevermind if you don't relate
Bulldog!!

super.gif
PM -->
raydog @ Jan. 10 2008 said:
1264163[/ATTACH] PM]
....both bikes were lowered with straps in front and shorter links in rear...

Raydog
Bone Stock
rock.gif
Yes, just like the article states, "bone stock"....then, in equal application, straps and shorter links were equally applied to both bikes...which actually increased comparability by limiting suspension differences and making it easier for the rider to replicate his technique and consistancy on both bikes. If you've ever gone to the drags...ran your bike a few times with stock height THEN lowered it for the rest of the day, you know what I mean. BTW, stock tires as well were used. Of course, we can always find some variables that would tend to skew a comparison but this particular event is the cleanest, most even event I've ever read...and I've been reading these tests since high school in the late sixties. One of my favorites is a comparison between a Suzuki GS1000 and a Yamaha XS-11...different riders, different dragstrips and a month apart...how stupid and irrelevant. IF we are going to compare with accuracy, then testers(including magazine editors) must use common science techniques to achieve meaningful results. Raydog

super.gif

super.gif
PM -->
raydog @ Jan. 10 2008 said:
1264224[/ATTACH] PM]
....both bikes were lowered with straps in front and shorter links in rear...

Raydog
Bone Stock  
rock.gif
Yes, just like the article states, "bone stock"....then, in equal application, straps and shorter links were equally applied to both bikes...which actually increased comparability by limiting suspension differences and making it easier for the rider to replicate his technique and consistancy on both bikes. If you've ever gone to the drags...ran your bike a few times with stock height THEN lowered it for the rest of the day, you know what I mean.  BTW, stock tires as well were used. Of course, we can always find some variables that would tend to skew a comparison but this particular event is the cleanest, most even event I've ever read...and I've been reading these tests since high school in the late sixties. One of my favorites is a comparison between a Suzuki GS1000 and a Yamaha XS-11...different riders, different dragstrips and a month apart...how stupid and irrelevant.  IF we are going to compare with accuracy, then testers(including magazine editors) must use common science techniques to achieve meaningful results.               Raydog
I knew you were going to respond. God I hope I don't get sent to detention and have to stay after school for messing with you  
spank.gif

OK, I'm not siding with ether bike and yes I've been to the drags a million time, thats all I do is motor sports-my whole life.   OK Now, if both bikes are "bone stock" then straps and shorter links were applied equally in application to increased comparability by limiting suspension differences on both bikes.  What would have been the results (same bikes, same rider) before the suspension's of both bike were altered  
rock.gif
 and if common science techniques were used to achieve results, were the results also altered  
rock.gif
.  Oh! and if the results are altered, has this been going on since the late 60's  
rock.gif

I know your going to hit me next time you see me, Love ya Doyle.
Excuse me now while I run away and hide somewhere, I'm dying  
rofl.gif

PS. good write-up of a good test,  and of course a pic or two for you.

8_4_07_029.jpg

super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Another thing I want to chime in with here: this is in relation to the folks who commented about not liking specific things about their bikes...

In a theoretical world, I could go to suzuki and design the perfect busa. perfect for me. Some of the things I would change you might like, but undoubtedly there would be things you WOULDNT like as well. personal preference is a BIG part of what makes owning a bike enjoyable.

I've heard plenty of folks talk about how much better the GSXR1K corners than the busa....blah blah blah....know what? I probably COULD corner better on that that my busa. However, at my size, I wouldnt be comfortable on it for more than 20 minutes at a time, so whats the point?

Luv U 2 Bill and btw, those 2 bike pics you posted qualify as bone stock in my world.
Doyle

and Ibified.....+1 on your last.

Back