Kick Stand

MonkeyButtRides

Registered
I'm new to the Busa but it's my understanding that all the Busa's (Gen1, 2 and 3) suffer from kickstand issues? I know that I have issues with my Gen 3 kickstand and I'm always double checking it. Anyone else have issues with their kick standing folding up a little too easy, close drops or actual drops?

I'm new to the Busa but it's my understanding that all the Busa's (Gen1, 2 and 3) suffer from kickstand issues? I know that I have issues with my Gen 3 kickstand and I'm always double checking it. Anyone else have issues with their kick standing folding up a little too easy, close drops or actual drops?
Plenty of horror stories. A lot of us have done the “kickstand mod”. Is very easy to do and you can check some pics on the thread that has the details.

Edit: here is the link to it…..

Closeup Pic of a modified stand I have out of a gen2

44502688-A7BE-475E-9F58-0ABE2B0F66C2.jpeg

8B00EB4F-411C-4A68-AD82-BD9DC141A79A.jpeg

Thank you I will be looking into that for sure.
I posted another thread to share a video of a gen3 in same color combo as yours that had an “encounter” with a deer. In that video, the owner mentioned how his had kickstand mishap before it even left the dealership, when one of the dealer employees parked it and kickstand folded on it. I always park mine in gear and roll it forward to get the slack off the chain before I put the stand down and I never let it idle unattended unless, is facing up my driveway.

Make sure it’s in gear before you get off. Keep your foot on the stand on the ground as you get off. I’ve had a few close calls the first week.

I think it was the second week of ownership that I had my one and only stand mishap. I was wheeling it backwards down the driveway towards the shed. My driveway is downhill to the shed then a little uphill for about a bike length just before the roller door which is an absolute pain when it’s wet trying to shuffle the thing backwards from the saddle and not getting good traction. Anyway as I said I’m backing it towards the shed and my airline was laying across the floor in the shed so I stopped just in the little transition between up and downhill. I stepped off, put the stand down and as I rest it onto the stand I felt it creep forward then suddenly I had the full weight at about a 45 degree angle. I reckon I burst a couple of blood vessels but she did not touch the ground. I did research about it that night and next day I did the mod. I still double check though, but it has not let me down since even while idling.

I can’t believe that even the gen3’s are having the same issue! Surely they would have modified the stand to come further forward by now?!! It’s a very common problem.

Sorry to keep dragging this topic up, but can I do the grinding/filing without removing the sidestand? Pretty sure I can, I just want to get it RIGHT. I got the bike up on the paddock stand today for a test of that, boy it was a bitch to heave up! I have a good stand but it was obviously designed for lighter bikes.

Sorry to keep dragging this topic up, but can I do the grinding/filing without removing the sidestand? Pretty sure I can, I just want to get it RIGHT. I got the bike up on the paddock stand today for a test of that, boy it was a bitch to heave up! I have a good stand but it was obviously designed for lighter bikes.
Might be able to get at it with a dremel okay , I did the mod to adjustable aluminum stand and that was easier material to grind . My Bus fell off stand and pinned e to the couch , when I had a couch in bike room . I got it off no worries , it was funny at the time cos of comfort landing , but when the Busa falls , it is quick .

1st - scratch/mark the position of the needed/wanted notch as visible at the last pic above
2nd - side stand off the bike
and download here the gen3 manual

and
a really important tip - do this mod, because really ALL!! Hayabusa, no matter what year/type, tend to roll forward beyond the sidestand and then there are scratches/blemishes in the paint.

3rd - the damn easiest way is to make the recess / the notch with an angle grinder.
or use a square file - it produces the same result - it just takes a lot longer.

Back