Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dam Thieves,, Gen2 aka Short Bus is gone

Man that sucks! Sorry to hear. I would be so sick if they stole mine. Hope insurance treats you well.

I had SF when my 2002 RC51 was stolen in Dec of 2004. The adjuster didnt know anything about sport bikes or motorcycles in general. I was asked for all accessories I had on it. Told them I had just installed a new set of Moriwaki Ti exhaust for $1250. THey came back saying they pay 250 for aftermarket exhaust. I even had the receipt for it too. I lost out on the Ohlins rear shock, revalved front forks, PC3, and my rearsets. Ithink in total I got less than 1000 bucks on top of the bike itself. And 400 was for hte new Michelins I had put on a month prior. So I was pissed at that. The funny thing is, I was asked multiple times if I had chrome running boards on it and saddle bags, I guess the mainly dealt with Harleys.

mother f-ers.... smh. I keep telln u guys get freakn Lojack! u got it where u live. its cheap freakn insurance. they have a 90% recovery rate but I can't remember the last time I got a lojack hit and didn't find the vehicle within 15 minutes. found one tonite it was stolen an hour earlier.

jus sayn bro all the anti theft shiit in the world aint gonna defeat pulling up in a van and throwing it inside like they do. I know a crew right now doing that on the midnite shift where I work and their gettn a lot of freakn bike.

I see them telling u to pound sand on getting paid on those upgrades unless you have provided them proof of existence prior to the theft. although I remember the woman from state farm telln me they wud cover my mods if bike stolen if I provided receipts and pictures wen insuring and the cost wud not be more. IDN if that is tru cause I haven't followed up yet cause still waitn on bike.

sorry to hear thats some BS. may all theives be shot and hung and not necessarily in that order! I hunt for stolen cars and bikes all nite cause I hate those mother fukers and want to see them all rot in prison. Ill certainly keep an eye out ya never know shiit cud end up anywhere.

Sorry about your loss John. I'm with the thief haters. I wish hanging was still the practical way to deal with horse thieves.

You said it was stolen from your parking lot at home? Please explain?

I know they can be a pain, literally, there was almost $9 in extras. Never mind,, labor.

Shouldn't be too difficult getting SF to pay for only nine bucks worth of mods? :laugh:

Everyone knows how I feel about thieves. When caught they should immediately be swung from the nearest tree.

Shouldn't be too difficult getting SF to pay for only nine bucks worth of mods? :laugh:

Everyone knows how I feel about thieves. When caught they should immediately be swung from the nearest tree.

Dam type errors,,, $9000.00
:lala::lala:

Please update cause under most circumstances you need to pay extra for accessory coverage or they deny much of it

Hope you get a good settlement and find the responsible one. I was gonna say pix and receipts :banghead:

Dam type errors,,, $9000.00
:lala::lala:

So if the bike was worth at least 9K and you had 9K in upgrades that's $18,000.

You and I know it's worth that but getting them to believe it might take some work even with Pictures and Receipts.

Good luck.

Now how did this happen? Did you leave the key in it because it wouldn't start? So it was a target? I can only guess because you didn't tell us enough about what happened.
Please Help us out so that we MIGHT avoid the same thing happening to us, Thanks.

Sorry to hear John, thieves deserve what's coming to them if they get caught. Hope the claims process goes well for you.

All I do is lock the front end and the rear disc with a Roadlok device. It would take 3-4 guys to drag or lift it as it will not roll. So far so good! Any idea how yours was taken?

I can still remember the feeling as a kid looking out of a 6 floor apartment window and seeing my new less than 1 year old Harley not there in the spot I had parked it in. It was all I had in the world at the time. Zero theft insurance.

Opps added the Calipers to the list,,,

Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Fork cartridge kit, and springs
Penske Triple clicker rear shock
Dunlop Q3 tires, 600 miles on them
Brocks full Ti Dual exhaust
Woolich Log Box Pro, with wideband o2
Pair block offs
Fen tubo clutch & brake lines
Brembo Rcs master cylinders clutch and brake
Brembo Hp Calipers
Rizoma fluid cups and mounts
Gel seat
Ventura bag system
Throttlemiesters Heavy’s
12 Volt wired tank bag with USB charger
Hids high and low
Switchback front turnsignals
One Smith & Wesson model 29 .44 magnum revolver, which I still have.

Added that last one for you. Might help when you turn over the list to the insurance company. :laugh:

So if the bike was worth at least 9K and you had 9K in upgrades that's $18,000.

You and I know it's worth that but getting them to believe it might take some work even with Pictures and Receipts.

Good luck.

Now how did this happen? Did you leave the key in it because it wouldn't start? So it was a target? I can only guess because you didn't tell us enough about what happened.
Please Help us out so that we MIGHT avoid the same thing happening to us, Thanks.

The key was not in the bike, the hydraulic clutch switch had failed. The bike was parked in the parking lot here at my complex. It was there at 10pm, at 2am, and gone when i got home at 4:15 am. In a well lighted area, in a wide open area.
They had to have picked up and put on a trailer.
I have all my receipts, for every thing that is on the bike, as well as detailed pics of the build.
I'll see what happens in 2 weeks when the total loss is started.

I thought you had the obligation to tell them what extras you had ahead of time so they would know what they're insuring. Don't they require that? Something similar with my carrier Nationwide, is an agreed payoff amount for my semi antique 36 year old CBX if it's stolen or totaled regardless of the current market value, as I have it fully insured.

Most policies with full coverage and comprehensive cover theft, fire, crashes and most damage in general, however, read your policy binder......most policies only cover up to 3000 in personal add-on or accessories......... Thats where your fight is gonna be with the insurance company. Additionally, you could have a million dollars worth of upgrades and the insurance company will only give you fair market value for the bike at its current value, plus 3000. You are going to have to wait awhile anyway until they see if the bike turns up, possibly 30 days...anyways, blue book the bike and add 3k, thats probably all you will get....lets hope for more...peace.

Oh and as the week has progressed, i have gotten more and more pissed about this,, the bike's haven't gotten the use they should, but that's my and mother natures fault.
I really think, its time to change, I don't think im going to replace the bike, and i may get rid of the others also. I seam to have lost the enjoyment.

Oh and as the week has progressed, i have gotten more and more pissed about this,, the bike's haven't gotten the use they should, but that's my and mother natures fault.
I really think, its time to change, I don't think im going to replace the bike, and i may get rid of the others also. I seam to have lost the enjoyment.

Some new guns usually helps......:laugh:

It's certainly not the time for that decision. Rational thought not emotional actions.

Top Bottom