Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New zx10 201hp with just a slip on?

zx10 was designed to not need a full system and all the emssion junk gets pulled off with the slip on. they did a good job on the new 10r and 14r

Would just gutting the emissions stuff do the same instead of paying $500 for just a muffler?

Would just gutting the emissions stuff do the same instead of paying $500 for just a muffler?
dunno? i guess it would but you'd probably have some time invested in it. i'd just buy the slip on and be done.

my buddy has one of them and the bike is truly bad arse! off the line he waxes me every time, but soon as i catch 2nd i leave him in my tracks. i would def love to own that bike though.

I'm sure I could set up a dyno to show my Busa with bolt ons getting 300hp. Just sayin'. :whistle:

The new 10 is a monster. The factory header is well designed and titanium iirc,the old days of improving power a lot with bolt-on stuff are coming to an end.
Dyno numbers alone mean nothing, but the 10 has timeslips that back it up....

Agreed.. Kawi is making headway for sure. Don't like the cockpit of the 14R that much... and the fluid res. are just plastic.

You will get the same exact gains from an Ecu Unleashed flash from POWERHOUSE. We have been seeing the same numbers as Brock, its actually all about the Ecu. I am sure if we mapped one for oxygenated fuel and pulled out the air filter, we would also see over 200 rear wheel . . .

Hah it's the MR12 fuel + slip on + tune, 201 is easy like that.

Well then that is a bad bike then. So both the zx10 and zx14 have about 200hp, so why get a 14 if it has the same power as a bike with 441cc's less?

Agreed.. Kawi is making headway for sure. Don't like the cockpit of the 14R that much... and the fluid res. are just plastic.

Every bike I've ever owned except the Busa had plastic fluid reservoirs.. Not a deal breaker for me. I'd love to see a digital dash on the Busa though. That was the main reason I never bought one up until the Gen 2..

Well then that is a bad bike then. So both the zx10 and zx14 have about 200hp, so why get a 14 if it has the same power as a bike with 441cc's less?

Right now, you are comparing apples to oranges, that's why. Here is what I mean: this ZX10 had the ecu flashed, was running oxygenated fuel, and had a PCV with a complete fuel tune. The ZX14 is making 200 rear wheel with a STOCK ecu, PUMP gas, and a full pipe. The full extent of a ZX14's power has not been realized yet. POWERHOUSE is currently doing beta testing and r&D on Ecu mapping for Ecu Unleashed. With NO map and NO flash, a ZX14 makes very close to 125 ft pounds of torque! You can bet that when we have completed all of our data logging and have finally developed a finished ECU flash for the 14, we will be making a LOT more horsepower. I am willing to bet under the same circumstances - with oxygenated fuel, a flashed ECU, and a PCV with a custom map, the ZX14 will be doing 220+ with a stock motor. Damn!:laugh:

Oh ok, I didn't know all of that. Both bikes are pretty sweet then.

Those ZX10s may be the stuff in tests, but I don't think they aren't selling well. Don't recall seeing any at the track last year and my last trip to MR Cycles over in Ashville the guy said any reasonable offer would get it out the door.

You all are forgetting its only a 998CC engine. Thats 342 CC's smaller making them numbers! Thats pretty damnn impressive to me, Just means Kawi is coming up with some serious horsepower secrets while burning the midnight oil. Suzuki better stop counting all there Yen from the Hayabusa sales and get on the ball.

Top Bottom