The Grumpy's went down today

Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad it wasn't worse.

Good luck with the wrist, Mrs. Grumpy.

Hope for a speedy recovery of you both.

Do have one question though...

Was there a reason to use so much throttle?

I understand all the things after the throttle got stuck,but the reason on why it got stuck at that much throttle.

Hard to explain... my bike was not normal, I've let a few of You ride her. Comment is usually "what the duck that is just STOOPID" just the way I ride, kinda hard. Lots of throttle and compression braking.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hope for a speedy recovery of you both.

Do have one question though...

Was there a reason to use so much throttle?

I understand all the things after the throttle got stuck,but the reason on why it got stuck at that much throttle.

When I'm passing on a 2 lane road, my goal is to be on the wrong side of the road as short a time as possible. That involves kicking down a few gears and a hand full of throttle.

Get ready to scream when they yank it sweetie...and sorry in advance for the pain:whistle:
They said it was a clean break. Nothing to tug on. They just set it.

Thanks for making supper so late Saturday...and for driving us back too.
Posted via Mobile Device

So sorry to here of your fall. I hope you heal up well. I am heeling myself start work tomorrow after 92 days out. Still sore some even after this long. Hope everything works out Best wishes and prayers sent.

They said it was a clean break. Nothing to tug on. They just set it.

Thanks for making supper so late Saturday...and for driving us back too.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's good news. That clean break will heal up stronger than ever (drink lots of milk)...:beerchug:

Ok, I have filed my initial claim with my insurance company. Here’s the scoop, I have full coverage insurance but in MA that covers book value not actual value, I would have to have had an appraisal done and likely paid $4000 a year to carry $25-$30,000 worth of coverage. They have me listed at $6995 with a $500 deductible. They will pay the $325 towing and storage, the “shouldâ€￾ reimburse me for the right this second $305 and climbing daily in Medical supplies for home, gauze, wraps, ointment, scripts etc… Gear in MA is covered by homeowners, figuring on $1300 with a $500 deductible on that too.

I’ll likely by her back as a salvage for between $1500-2500 and gather up parts and rebuild. Love to buy a new or newer one but its not in the budget and $5500 isn’t going to come close.

Need a frame, rear sub frame, gauge and headlight frame, complete body and top clamps to start… Lots of small parts too.

I plugged everything back together and turned on the key, got lights and gauges, stator cover shattered, no oil in the motor and the left clip on was torn off so no clutch lever etc., John thinks the motor will be ok.

Bike is at his shop for appraisal then need the ins guy to do the same.

I will post wreckage pics later on.

Mrs G is out of work for at least a week.

You know my labor fixing her up is free

and If/when you are ready I would buy your wrecked fuel tank
for me to cut into a LSR/Drag tank

Kent
And of course Both of you get well soon

Doesn't John still have my original 04' lipstick red tank? He is going to get a rashed stator cover from KillKenny and and see if the motor/tranny is still good, that will determine the "buyback", if the motor ran dry and seized, likely going to let the bike go as is, might hafta put stock wheels, lights, wiring, seat, gasuges, brakes and forks on her first though. If they arent gonna pay for the good parts I shouldnt have to let them go.

Holy hell I am in shock. I'm glad you are ok and nothing but the best of riding happening there. Great job and you'll heal and be back out there before you know it. I will keep you in my thoughts. Just heal fast darn it.

Back