For those of you that trailer a bike...

CorrodedAlien

Registered
I saw this when looking for a small trailer for other stuff:

Suspension Saver

PCFS1-instructions-4_180w.jpg

Very KEWL, but you can probably make one out of a piece of 2X4 with a sabre saw in about 5 minutes and save a bunch of coin..!! :idea:

I put mine in a Baxley Chock so there is no need to compress the front suspension at all since there are no straps on the front.:thumbsup:

4 busas headed for bash in trailer.jpg

I put mine in a Baxley Chock so there is no need to compress the front suspension at all since there are no straps on the front.:thumbsup:

Oh Lordy Buddy, you are dancing with disaster there!

What I see is a busa in a wheel chock that's not bolted to the floor with two straps pulling at 90 degrees. If you have to slam on the binders you are likely to shove that entire group of busa's right out through the front of the trailer. The tin work on your trailer won't stand a chance with 2K pounds of hayabusa's bashing into it!

Your tie down straps are rated at lifting strength. At 90 degrees like you have them their capacity is severely reduced.

If your tiedown eyes are only bolted to the plywood decking without a backing plate I wouldn't trust them either.

Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! :beerchug:

I agree with tufbusa, be carefull! on the plywood get some oversized flat washers or some "c" channel and put a hole it it and run the eye through it.

I use a pit bull for Bessie, like the above pics and I will tell you it'll change your life for trailering. I jackknifed my trailer trying to avoid a car slamming on its brakes in front of me and she tipped over inside the trailer... it was an extreme situation and won't normally occur, but after that, I went to the PITBULL; it is awesome and well worth the money - IMHO

It would be kind of difficult to place that piece on top of a Busa fender without causing damage. I use a tall stiff sponge or something similar to cushion over the front fender and absorb the compression when towing.

i use harbor freight chock and canyon dancer harness in open trailer - load and unload by myself with a good ramp - never a problem - been doing it for years ----

Oh Lordy Buddy, you are dancing with disaster there!

What I see is a busa in a wheel chock that's not bolted to the floor with two straps pulling at 90 degrees. If you have to slam on the binders you are likely to shove that entire group of busa's right out through the front of the trailer. The tin work on your trailer won't stand a chance with 2K pounds of hayabusa's bashing into it!

Your tie down straps are rated at lifting strength. At 90 degrees like you have them their capacity is severely reduced.

If your tiedown eyes are only bolted to the plywood decking without a backing plate I wouldn't trust them either.

Remember, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! :beerchug:

All of my sport chocks are bolted to the floor with plates that are flush fit to the floor with all stainless hardware. They can be removed and relocated to different locations depending what type and how many bikes I'm hauling. I have towed four busas thousands of miles, as well as four dressers with this setup. Buy all means bolt your chocks to the floor, however the instructions with the Baxley chock states that you can put one in the back of a pickup without bolting it to the floor of the truck and use two straps on the back pulling forward out and down. Believe me when I tell you, when you get a busa in the chock and the two straps on the back you can't budge the bike. I use the chock to haul my 750 lb VTX too.

Eureka%20Springs%202009%20001%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Back