Boosting around town now

megawatt

Registered
Well I finally finished up my RCC stage 1 install. I recieved the kit about a month ago but with work and vacation the 18 hours of install it took me stretched into 4 weeks of time. All I can say is if you have an idea that going turbo is something you may want to do then you should have already done it. It is an incredible experience and the install is something that can be done in your garage with your own tools. The install will take about 12 easy, I took longer because I was not in a hurry.

I went with only 6 lbs of boost on my 2006 busa that already had 12500 miles due to 91 octane and 115 degree of Summer temps here in Vegas. Many my my 12k miles were trackdays and dragracing miles. The engine has never been cracked open and the engine went from 147hp to 220hp with the RCC kit. I have it tuned on the rich side for safety and was still getting 33.8 MPG on the highway. Boost comes on starting at 5k rpm and I have never heard anything sweeter in my life. Super smooth and responsive without being twitchy. I really don't think I can hurt this motor (just no WOT LSR type of runs out here in the desert) I have total confidence in riding it. I have lots of power left in the tuning but decided for now to be on the rich side for safety. My goal is to have reliable power and burning pistons or lifting the head is not an option. The dip from 5-6k was raised out of the 10:1 ratio above to the 11's but this is the only graph I have.

I will make a detailed post soon with pics about the install of my experience and will place it in the turbo section. For now here are a couple vids so you can hear what is making me smile from ear to ear.

Super thanks to RYC1966 for install tips on the fuel line routing and PMs. Also thanks to MidnightBusainSD you were so rite about dyno tuning with a 3bar sensor, that is the way to go.

RCCgraph.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you keeping it stealth??? I don't like the dump pipe out the side or the hole in the side for air....I mean for my riding needs :laugh: If I wanted 32 lbs boost I could live with the holes in the fairings.:laugh:

Nice job btw :beerchug:

Are you keeping it stealth??? I don't like the dump pipe out the side or the hole in the side for air....I mean for my riding needs :laugh: If I wanted 32 lbs boost I could live with the holes in the fairings.:laugh:

Nice job btw :beerchug:

No on the stealth. I think the dump pipes are sexy and even the small filter on the left side has been cut out so the bottom halfs of the fairings close up tite.

Nice Joe !!! :super: Now, Friday night is coming and I have my 43t rear...we running ????.....

Glad you're happy, and sounds nasty !!!! :oldcool:

If anyone has ever followed Joe on the left lane, he's notorious for smoking it up in the water box......well now, it's just plain going to be a whole lot worse...... :super: I'll bring my gas mask...... :oldcool:

PS Wrenched on Paderolis' Busa today and he's go mo' power now.....I think we have a threesome in the making....

Back