Rear Strut instead of rear shock

Big Tuna

Donating Member
Registered
I have my bike 7+ over and destroyed my license plate even with the shock set as stiff as can be....I also have raised the back up quite a bit, but hate the look...lol...The bike will mostly used for track and around town.....will this destroy my bike? I know it will ride like a rigid, but more concerned with frame or swingarm damage because of it being aluminum,,, Thamks ...Jay

Works like a champion on the track, but will bruise your kidneys on the street.

Friends of mine have done multiple bikes this way and have had no problems.
beerchug.gif

Oh and the destroying license plates caused me to raise my bike back up and HATE it too.
guns.gif

I understand for a street bike there is a 1200+ dollar replacement shock you can purchase.
all_coholic.gif

tracdynamics sells 900lbs rear coils that you just replace the stock coil... Works like a champ and only costs $99

Penske Rear Coil, 900lbs... ask for 1 and install it yourself. Works awsome at the track and super with a extended street swingarm

Say Tom sent you, they won't know who i am.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

(GSXRme @ Apr. 08 2007,23:45) tracdynamics sells 900lbs rear coils that you just replace the stock coil... Works like a champ and only costs $99

Penske Rear Coil, 900lbs... ask for 1 and install it yourself. Works awsome at the track and super with a extended street swingarm

Say Tom sent you, they won't know who i am.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
lol...thanks...looks to be the route i go......does anyone know what the stock spring is rated at?

Back