Anyone have....

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
was looking at these on the site: nightstalkerfx.com

anyone have'em ?

heres a clickable link... Link no longer works

i am toying with the idea of making my own led light set for my ride... i just went to Radio Shack and priced the things i would need to pull it off and its WAY cheaper to make your own led light set up than to buy one for $100 + on the web...

you can buy 50 count pacs of leds off ebay for 10-20 dollars and do it your self Im doing three bikes right now just about finshed with one of them and its lookig sweet

you can buy 50 count pacs of leds off ebay for 10-20 dollars and do it your self Im doing three bikes right now just about finshed with one of them and its lookig sweet
sounds good! If you wouldnt mind sharing... i'm trying to get as many ideas on wiring diagrams and what kind of components to use. Anything you can suggest to use or not to use would be helpfull!

I have a basic, 2 led kit on my Busa.  (One for the front, one for the rear)  You will definatly be surpised at how bright just 2 of these LED's will be.  Definatly brighter that any kind of cheap LED's you will get off of Ebay.  Do it right the first time and go with the Nightstalker kit.

You can read my review of their product here.  You will probably have to log on to view the pictures though.  Sorry. http://www.sportbikes.net/forums....stalker

<!--EDIT|justin726
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144092199 -->

Somebody here on the board posted pics of their bike w/ LED system. I'm sure they will chime in.

i thought of doing my own LED's but in the end i decided it would be a lot easier to just buy a kit.
it was pricey but well worth the money.
here is a pic and a link to the thread i made about it.

HPIM0983.JPG

How much is a decent LED kit? Are they really THAT expensive? How about installation?

I'm game for this...

Looks pretty cool...not to mention the increase in visibility.

How about installation?
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums....stalker  Go there for the complete run down and log on to see all the pics.

What I wrote.....
When the Night Stalker kit arrived, I was pleasently supriesed to see the quality of the kit. The LED modules were compact yet appeared to be very well constructed. The illuminated switch was small enough so that it could be fairly easily hidden if you didn't want it out in plain sight. The LED modules and controller come with double sided tape to mount them on the bike with or they can be mounted with scerws that you would have to provide.

With having two LED lighting modules the obvious place to mount the LEDs were to have on near the front of the bike and one on the rear of the bike. My first step was to install the front LED. I wanted to install the front fist to make sure the wires were long enough to reach the controller. I knew about where I wanted to mount the controller, but I just needed to make sure the wires were long enough. I mouned the front LED under the nose fairing just above the front fender using the double sided tape that was provided with the kit. I routed the wires along the frame rails and secured them with the zip-ties that were also provided. I was going to have to mount the controller just a couple inches forward in the subframe so that wires would reach good. A little extra wire for this LED would have been great, but I was able to use what I had and make it work just fine.

Installing the rear LED was really not to big of a deal. I cleaned off a spot above the rear wheel on the bottom side of the undertail. I drilled one small hole in the plastic to let the wires exit through. The controllere was going to be mounted on the rear of the bike so the wires were not a problem to get routed.

I mounted the switch on the rear of the bike so that it was hidden yet easy to get to. I ran the wires and used the zip-ties to secure everything. The unit gets power directly from the battery. I attached a pair of connectors to the wires that were provided and then secured those directly to the battery posts. I ran the wires to the controller and remove some of the extra lenght of the wires.

With all the wires ran to the general location the controller was going to be mouned I started assembling the wires into the controller. Each wire is held securely with a screw mounted in the controller. After installing each wire into the controller, I tested the unit to see if it worked properly. It did, so I went ahead and mouned to controller on the side of the subframe plastic. I tied up all the loose wires which made it a nice clean installed, then I put everything on the bike back together.

Price can be anywhere between $100 and $220.

<!--EDIT|justin726
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144160273 -->

DSC00322.JPG

How much is a decent LED kit? Are they really THAT expensive? How about installation?
the LED kit you see in my pic was a little over $400...installing it is pretty straight foward. its just a matter of getting the LED's to be hidden but still put out a good amount of light...there is more then 90 LEDs on my bike in that pic.

Back