Tires

missilelike

Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering what tires to go with? the qualifiers come in a 200 series. the powers do not. Would you guys steer away from a 200 series for a rear tie? I was thinking of going this route to hook up better? Your opinions would be greatly appriciated, thanks

1zhelp.gif

Early reports from my friends who ride like I do, very hard in the mountains, say they are not holding up like the Powers do.

I have used quite a few tires and the Powers offer the best balance of grip and wear. I was going to try a set of the Qualifiers but after talking and comparing notes, I will stick with the Power when I am using a street tire.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143460185 -->

The qualifiers are doing well on my Busa. Great feel like oem. Much better than the Diablo's IMO.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143460383 -->

Just wondering what tires to go with? the qualifiers come in a 200 series. the powers do not. Would you guys steer away from a 200 series for a rear tie? I was thinking of going this route to hook up better? Your opinions would be greatly appriciated, thanks
A 200/50 will give you a bigger contact patch than a 190/50 for straight up and down accel. You said hook up better, I assume you mean from a stop(like a red light), not in the corners.

But a 200 is more tire and robs some of your power to move it as fast as a 190.

Most drag guys here go for shinkos. Softer compound than a street tire. Won't last as long as a street tire though.

What exactly is your riding style, what are you looking to get out of your tire?

Pilot Powers are the best for corners, Shinko for drag - straight line performance.

I'm looking for just an all around tire. But it has got to heat up quick so I dont get the tire spin. Im not a hard core corner carver, but I do like to take them faster than a harley!!! what do you guys suggest?

Powers are a good choice, but so are the Avon Azaros...45/46 ST combo. Great combo of grip and impressive wear.

Of course, this info is what I gleaned from other members here...and it convinced me enough to look into buyin a set. As soon as I wear out these tires (Diablos), I'll be plunking down for a set of Avons.

get a set of powers, go with the stock size and just hold on
laugh.gif

Seriously, the profile of the powers is totally different, you will get on the bike and feel like you just hopped on a 750.
wow.gif
They will warm up quickly, turn in *much* faster and wear incredibly well. Heck even Vman gets good miles out of them... compared to others
wink.gif

200 is just fatter but really not that much but will take away some corner and ride handling.... the 190 really is plenty and actually there's several members I've read about going down to 180s for extra corner/handling fun
cool.gif

190/50 stock.

200/50, bigger footprint in the center than stock

180/55, bigger footprint on the side of the tire than stock.

A 200/50 will give you a bigger contact patch than a 190/50 for straight up and down accel.  You said hook up better, I assume you mean from a stop(like a red light), not in the corners.  

But a 200 is more tire and robs some of your power to move it as fast as a 190.

Most drag guys here go for shinkos.  Softer compound than a street tire.  Won't last as long as a street tire though.

What exactly is your riding style, what are you looking to get out of your tire?
+100000000000

Back