Help! please help

SpeedAdict

Gabe
Donating Member
Registered
Ok the only things I have done since the problem started was put in the tailight intergrator. At one point I thought I blew a fuse. SO I go riding to day and the needle just kept climbing to the red. Fan no workie. I checked the fuses under the dash panel and they all looked fine. I even threw the spare fuse into the fan fuse and fan still no workie. I didn't change coolant or anything like that. I swaped out to a muzzy about a month ago but it worked fine when I did that. Just all of a sudden. Anyone have anything I can check? Should there be a current on the positive lead to the fan with just the key on. If so I could check and see if I am even getting power. Help I do not want to go to the dealership. But I might have to. The bash is way to close for this.

make sure the connectors are snapped in place.

You can also test the wire for integrity.

If you've downloaded the service manual, then go through the steps on pages 5-6 thru 5-8. This verifies all your sensors and the fan relay are working.

Here's the pages in case you don't have them
cool.gif

(right click, then save as... They're full size if you open them up)

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143003795 -->

Also, check your coolant level. if its way low, it will not be on the sensor and the fan will not come on.

Thanks guys I will let you know how it works out. Gotta get to work and hopefully get to this this evening. Take it easy.

I couldn't get over to garage to fix it last night. Something about I spend more time with the bike than my with my wife. I don't know I wasn't realy listening
smile.gif
I tried to make the argument that it's like having a sick child I have to take care of the baby, long story short I made the point that she would kill all people on the planet and try to populate mars.
smile.gif

Anyway I have been given the pass to work tonight until it is fixed so I will update all of you later. Thanks again

smile.gif

Back