Centre stand

reiny

Registered
In my garage i have a brand new Suz. centre stand and i'm just wondering if i shud of just bought a rear bike stand instead.
I haven't installed the centre stand yet, cause i just realized i need a rear stand just to install the centre stand.
Think I'm nuts to put the centre stand?
Its a brand new 06 and I really dont plan on any knee scraping corners,I'm 49 yrs old,and somewhat "not too crazy"
Thanks in advance

It's a tough decision. I've been kicking around the idea of a center stand since I got my 2005 in December. I'm with you; I don't think I'm going to be scraping my knees through any turns so I don't think a center stand will detract from my fun level. I can also see the benefit of having the center stand if I go on a long trip. Put the bike on the stand, clean and lube the chain without having to keep moving the bike back and forth.

I do like the look of the belly pan, but the center stand would definitely come in handy.

I put mine on. I couldn't be happier. The convenience, the peace of mind when parked in public, ---or if there's an earthquake...LOL..

Anyway, the belly pan wasnt worth the value of the centerstand. I have no regrets. I too will not be scraping my knee. I cant imagine ever getting the bike over enough to have trouble with the centerstand - at worst it will scrape, - it wont open up or anything - it sweeps to the back like the regular kickstand.

I put mine on.  I couldn't be happier.  The convenience, the peace of mind when parked in public, ---or if there's an earthquake...LOL..

Anyway, the belly pan wasnt worth the value of the centerstand.  I have no regrets.  I too will not be scraping my knee.  I cant imagine ever getting the bike over enough to have trouble with the centerstand - at worst it will scrape, - it wont open up or anything - it sweeps to the back like the regular kickstand.
Did you have any problems installing it?

Do you really need one ?

Think the belly pan adds to the looks..

I haven't installed the centre stand yet, cause i just realized i need a rear stand just to install  the centre stand.
I could be wrong but I don't think you need to lift the rear end up to install the center stand. I have the Baxley Sport chock that will keep the bike upright and secure if I decide to install the center stand.

If you don't have a way to keep the bike upright then you may have some trouble.

I fitted a center stand on my bike without using a rear stand or anyone else's assistance. It can be done.

I don't miss the belly wing at all. The center's useful for chain maintenance, rear wheel removal etc. (and you can do those things anywhere, not just in your garage where your rear wheel stand lives.)

I have the center stand as well and I like it...like DAB said, it makes maintenance easy and its nice to be able to lube your chain on those longer rides.
smile.gif

ya ,you're right i can always take it off, i was just wondering what the general opinion was on this topic.I just bought the busa in Jan.06 so i'm new to this bike.
Thanks for all your replies!

I just bit the bullet and ordered a center stand from Onieda Suzuki. As they say... I can take it off if I don't like it.

Im sorry guys, I didnt mean to insinuate that I personally put it on by myself. I had the dealership do it, because the directions said something about taking the exhaust off, - so I made life easy for myself, and had the 4k mile service done and that too.

You have to remove radiator and loosen the exhaust. It was a lot more work than I planned on. But it seemed to be worth it in the end.

Im in the same boat. Ive had stand over a year new in box collecting dust. I just cant seem to get myself to install in on the bike.

Back