April Trip: 'busa Bash III

dm_gsxr

Weirdo Freak
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings and Saluations.

I've just returned from my April ride around the country. Unfortunately I didn't make the 50cc but I truely enjoyed the day I spent at Deal's Gap and chatting with you guys.

I took a bunch of pictures and have pulled out a small group of pics for some comments.

===
As I left Muskogee I was feeling chilly and going to be pulling over to throw on my Gerbing's jacket liner. I spotted the power plant and really liked the potential view so I pulled over and got a few pics. Here's one.

dscn4445.jpg

===

Here's a second one. I put my camera away and was putting the liner in when one of the plant security guys came by. He stopped behind me briefly but didn't didn't actually say anything and drove off.

dscn4447.jpg

===

After getting into Arkansas, I headed up 62 to enjoy some of the roads in northern Arkansas. Rt 23 and 14. I decided to head north to Beaver so I could start at the top of 23 and came upon this beautiful bridge.

dscn4454.jpg

===

I got another pic and rode across the bridge.

dscn4455.jpg

===

I enjoyed the ride and the countryside and headed off to Virginia to see family. My stepdaughter hadn't seen the new bike yet and wanted to hop on for a pic. She says her next boyfriend better have a bike
smile.gif

dscn4471.jpg

===
I made a couple of runs through the gap first thing in the morning and met a couple of members of the group. Great talking to you guys and riding. Here's a shot of the bikes.

dscn4529.jpg

===

At one point I tried to do a group shot but 10 seconds wasn't enough time for me to get back to the bikes
smile.gif
Nice shot of me running though.

dscn4536.jpg

===

After getting back, I made a last run up and down the gap before heading back to the hotel. I'd been practicing my cornering. I kept having to move my foot back and closer in on my pegs because I kept scraping the toes. At one point I thought I was going to touch my knee I was that close. I picked up this scrape on that turn. I'm totally pleased at this.

dscn4539.jpg

===

And just as a reminder, here I am. Thanks for posting the pic.

busagap4.jpg

"Colorado" Carl
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|dm_gsxr
Reason for Edit: "Update URL's due to site reorg"|1121403790 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

Thanks. I'm really hoping killboy got a couple of good shots of the turns. I saw the pics of the burning bike. Too bad. Hope the guy was ok. I also hope Paul's ok. At the time he appeared to be moving around ok if in some pain.

Carl

Great pics. I'm sure you're on some FBI watch list now that you've been observed casing powerplants.
biggrin.gif

Now that looks like a great ride. Thx for the pics and commentary... might wanna get a pair of boots with toes gaurds...
laugh.gif

Back