It's NOT the bikes !!!

kennym4

Registered
Almost everytime, I go on a Harley ride with my Busa all I hear is, "Everytime you see those bikes somebody's doing wheelies down the highway". :deadhorse:

Now, a LOT of the "stunters" are on Dyna's, let's see if the sportbike image changes ?

I don't care either way, I see somebody doing a wheelie down the road I throw the horns up :super:

More Harley Wheelies - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
All right, that is pretty cool. Not your typically Harley dudes either from what I can see. Although I have to say most of the guys that I know around hear that ride Harleys are pretty nice guys. To your point it aint the bike it is the goofball sitting on it that makes the difference.

Most of the guys around here ride from bar to bar on them. I cruise by the local bar and see a nice Road King sitting in front of the bar all decked out in chrome with custom paint and think, wow, nice bike. I cruise down to the river and take the twisties at a high rate of speed, hit the scenic route through the trees and around the lakes on the way back. 3 hours and 160 miles later I pass by the local bar and there is the same Road King sitting in the same spot in front of the bar. I guess 4 miles and 12 beers is that dudes idea of a Saturday ride. Get out there and put some miles on that thing.

...and then there's White Boy John.:laugh:

Boy John Wheelie on Hogg in East Oakland - YouTube[/url]

...and then there's White Boy John.:laugh:

Boy John Wheelie on Hogg in East Oakland - YouTube[/url]

Yeah, he's been around for a while. He's got videos of him on sportbikes too. I don't know if he still does, but he use to ride with the Ruff Riders. Not that I know personaly, just from watching that video, and seeing others attached to it.

Some on this board would say "Needs moar range rover", but I like a good wheelie like most guys. I knew a guy that was 18 years old that rode a YZ-80 everywhere with the front wheel in the air. I suspect you can wheelie just about anything short of a unicycle.

I've wheelied a few Harleys just to prove that motorcycles can ride wheelies...no matter what they are.
My only concern was what was going to fall off, or if the engines were going to seize at that angle:laugh:
I've had Harley parts fall off when riding too!:laugh:
The standing on the seat wheelies are much easier than the seated ones, but they're still cool.

I've wheelied a few Harleys just to prove that motorcycles can ride wheelies...no matter what they are.
My only concern was what was going to fall off, or if the engines were going to seize at that angle:laugh:
I've had Harley parts fall off when riding too!:laugh:
The standing on the seat wheelies are much easier than the seated ones, but they're still cool.
I remember Jason Britton seizing up a motor during his show, while they were filming. Can't remember what kind it was. Something about how when it was up the oil pump was no longer in the oil ??

Back