Wheeling the busa

Highbusa

Registered
[The infamous wheelie. The wheelie has always haunted the sportbike rider. The thrill of doing a wheelie and the agony of seeing your feet above your head. Ha, ha. Well I have been getting my busa up on a constant basis, 6-8 oclock. I still have a fear of looping the bike and a feeling like Im getting the front wheel up to far, (imaging that). Is there any of you out there that have the same feeling? I need help . Is there anyway to get over this feeling without stop trying.

[The infamous wheelie.  The wheelie has always haunted the sportbike rider.  The thrill of doing a wheelie and the agony of seeing your feet above  your head. Ha, ha.  Well I have been getting my busa up on a constant basis, 6-8 oclock.  I still have a fear of looping the bike and a feeling like Im getting the front wheel up to far, (imaging that). Is there any of you out there that have the same feeling?  I need help . Is there anyway to get over this feeling without stop trying.
Well, you dont really describe your wheelie.
answer my questions and I´ll give my advice.
Is it a wheelie forced by you, so you want to do a wheelie?
What speeds are we talking about?
In what gear (gearbox), do you gest scared?

The only thing I´ve learn is... there is no shortcut.
Practise and practise.

/ Hittis - wheelies since 91'
Member of Swt Racing - 201.3 Mph wheelie record

[The infamous wheelie.  The wheelie has always haunted the sportbike rider.  The thrill of doing a wheelie and the agony of seeing your feet above  your head. Ha, ha.  Well I have been getting my busa up on a constant basis, 6-8 oclock.  I still have a fear of looping the bike and a feeling like Im getting the front wheel up to far, (imaging that). Is there any of you out there that have the same feeling?  I need help . Is there anyway to get over this feeling without stop trying.
6-8 o'clock? That doesn't make any sense??? The common reference point is 12 o'clock is straight up. From your reference, it sounds like the bike is anywhere from nose down to severly angled down. Huh???

..hm..my opinion is: if you fear it, then drop it.

wheeling is not all that cool. it's not worth a fall but unfortunately we realize it after we fall. i could never wheelie with my scooter or duck but started wheeling seriously on my cbr 600. thought i was pretty good at it (NOT!) could change gears on the wheelie... till it happened. the bike almost totaled. payed a lot of money to bring it to ridable position. it really wasn't worth all those 'beautiful' wheelies i did. what i hated most? that i kinda felt cool doing a wheelie but always feared it.

those guys you see doing all those cool wheelies most probably have another bike for showing-off and easy riding and one to smash up doing crazy stuff. or don't care about the bike. or don't have a busa :p haven't seen anyone doing stunts on a busa and whoever does is stupid imho. the bike wheelies sometimes and i like the front wheel being up but i don't try to keep it up anymore.

just don't do it. please

You need <table style=filter:glow(color=Practice!)>Practice!</table>

The key is you have to be smooth. It takes time to get it right. If it flies up real fast and you feel like you are gonna flip, you were not smooth enough. Practice picking it up and carrying it out on the throttle. Get a little more aggressive as you practice. You are trying to clutch the front up a foot or two, and throttle the rest of the way up. As you approach the balance point, you will feel weightless, just like you are flying, but it will feel good, not scary. If you get scared, again not smooth enough. Busa has enough engine braking to set it down if you get in a pickle to. Don't worry too much about that bake brake, but cover it just in case.

Good luck and be carefull. Wear your gear. Busas are not the easiest things to wheelie.

DAYUM ALL THAT,

Fork seals = $$, bent shift forks =$$, rebuilt the tranny =$$, oil starvation ment replacing the cams and main bearings + rod bearings = $$ so the wheelie no longer looks cool to my wallet! And I never went down doing a wheelie!

ICE

My bud LOVES wheelies....and they look cool but he goes through chains/ sprockets/tires/fork seals and fork tubes like I go through kleenex. And he's always got something about ready to break or needing replaced....no peace of mind for a long ride in that. I've found its wayyyyy cheaper to watch....lol

Sorry about the double post...board seems to be having probs tonight......but I still LOVE IT!
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092044658 -->

6-8 o'clock? guess his busa only does wheelies between those hours
rock.gif
some new type of wheelie device
rock.gif

rock.gif

[The infamous wheelie. The wheelie has always haunted the sportbike rider. The thrill of doing a wheelie and the agony of seeing your feet above your head. Ha, ha. Well I have been getting my busa up on a constant basis, 6-8 oclock. I still have a fear of looping the bike and a feeling like Im getting the front wheel up to far, (imaging that). Is there any of you out there that have the same feeling? I need help . Is there anyway to get over this feeling without stop trying.
6-8 o'clock? That doesn't make any sense??? The common reference point is 12 o'clock is straight up. From your reference, it sounds like the bike is anywhere from nose down to severly angled down. Huh???
6-8 o'clock
we call this a stoppie

you can only wheelie after 9 o'clock PM EST !!!

Sorry guys for the type-o. I meant Im getting the bike up to around 9 to 10 oclock. And yes there is a fear of looping. But I figure that fear will keep me honest, maybe or maybe not. Any instructions on how to get the front end up easy, not in that jerkey motion???

Try useing 2nd gear insted of 1st fear. 2nd will come up alittle slow. Go faster. I see alot of guys when there first starting useing 1st gear and going like 20mph trying to bring it up and ride it. It is doable but not when you are fist learning. Try to bring it up without clutching. JUST ALL THROTTLE. Put it in 2nd gear get up to speed were the meat of the power is,stand up and bounce the bike by pushing down on the pegs and at the same time grabb a handful. It should come right up. If you feel its to high let off. The BUSA is a nice bike to do wheelies on cause it's long and has plenty of power.Wich makes for very controlable wheelies. Try it on a open road with a nice straight. Not the local city streets from light to light. Save that for when you get the hang of them and feel comfortable with your balance point, and still save it for an open road cause it SUCKS when you got the front end up and looking cool and some DUMB BITCH pulls out in front of you.

Think about it 2nd gear will take you to 110mph on my bike but depending on your gearing you are still flying. So when you get the hang of them and go all the way through 2nd gear when the front end comes down the speedo will jump right up to you top speed in 2nd gear. Then think about 3rd gear. When you come down in 3rd lean back alittle and kinda keep your arms straight as if you were going through a whoop section on a dirt bike. Cause when it comes down in 3rd and that front tire is trying to catch up real fast it jurcks alittle a leaves a puff of smoke and a nice black patch like a plane just landed. It does it in 2nd too but not as much.
 Be safe and take it slower but go faster.  You'll get it just keep trying and it will just happen and if you don't like the bounce trick just tap the clutch and give alittle pull on the front end at the same time in 2nd at around 60-70 mph.

http://www.puresynthetics.com

<!--EDIT|1badasbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092156829 -->

Back