Seasoned Pilot

Default 1st gen transmission whine and noises?

I'm comparing mine and my buddies Hayabusas here...

Mine (2003 GSX1300R) - You can hear the gears spinning in neutral, pull the clutch in and they stop spinning (of course). It's not loud but if you listen for it while at a light, you can hear it when you're on top of it. Moving off from the light it sounds like what you would expect from straight cut gears, it whines a little, doesn't sound unhealthy but it's very much there and easy for people off the bike to hear it. Shifts though gears great.

Buddies (2005 GSX1300R) - No noise at neutral, no real noise while pulling away, shifts a little harder/clunkier.

Did they add some noise cancelling jazz a little later on, or is this not right?

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...

Images

Default Re: 1st gen transmission whine and noises?

What do you have for a front sprocket, and what is on your buddies bike?
    04 LIMITED BUSA, 1397 kit, intake cam swap, 50hp wet NOS kit!
    92 GSXR 1100/1216 THE BABY I JUST CANT GIVE UP
    99 BUSA, SOON TO SEE THE ROAD AGAIN

DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?

Default Re: 1st gen transmission whine and noises?

You get some whine when front sprocket is changed from stock and doesn't have the dampners.
    If You Need A Part Immediately, Contact Me At cloudninemotorsports@comcast.net ...You Can Also Find Me Here: https://www.facebook.com/cloudninemotorsports ..... If you need a oem or aftermarket part for any brand of powersport, just ask. If I don't have it, I will get it for you and ship anywhere in the world they can deliver mail. You deal with me directly. Tech Support on any part purchased from me also included.