What is this?

BUSA CRUSEN

Registered
I had a little oil leaking somewhere around here and I was trying to clean the area up and find where it was coming from. Then This goop started coming out of the wiring. It was clear water at first and then the goop started coming out. Is this supposed to be there or what?

Enumclaw Plateau-20120613-00224.jpg

Enumclaw Plateau-20120613-00225.jpg

Enumclaw Plateau-20120613-00226.jpg

Sticky? Could that be the glue that holds the coils together?

Don't get worked up about this post as I don't know for sure. But I would order another stator cover gasket and crack that baby open for inspection.

Sticky? Could that be the glue that holds the coils together?

Don't get worked up about this post as I don't know for sure. But I would order another stator cover gasket and crack that baby open for inspection.

Its oily and coming out of the wiring sleeve.

Well since the oil that's in the stator cover (not much) is same as the rest that's in bike how does the oil look? Is it milky like that if you look thru sight window?

That wiring harness is high on stator cover and there is never really that much oil inside there for it to be full and come out the top like that? This is strange? Def need to pull that cover off and see what's inside.

Many more knowledgeable than I will be along to clarify.
Where's Gixerhp?

No, I don't power wash it and its not coming out of the stator cover. I did wash it a couple days ago. The goop is only coming out of the wiring sleeve. When I lift it up it starts dripping down the stator, but that is all it has to do with the stator. I might have to take the stator off anyway because of the oil leak I was looking for, but it magically stopped leaking. And due to very limited funds, I don't want to do anything unless I am 100% certain what the problem is.

My '99 has dribbled a tiny amount of engine oil from there ever since I got it .
I have a replacement gasket , and someday I will remove the stator cover and clean up that area well and use a small dab of "right stuff" sealant on the inside .

No, I don't power wash it and its not coming out of the stator cover. I did wash it a couple days ago. The goop is only coming out of the wiring sleeve. When I lift it up it starts dripping down the stator, but that is all it has to do with the stator. I might have to take the stator off anyway because of the oil leak I was looking for, but it magically stopped leaking. And due to very limited funds, I don't want to do anything unless I am 100% certain what the problem is.
I was taught in school many years ago not to drench a bike when washing it....water gets into connections and washes the dieletric grease out, and over time will corrode the connections and give you all kinds of hard to find electrical gremlins. I saw it first hand in our school shop. Riding in occasional rain is diff then forcing water, even with a hose, into the bike regularly to wash it. Use a wet cloth to wash, then dry with a dry one. It takes a little more time, but you won't see your connections beginning to die like in your pictures.

Out in the garage build a Turbo bike!
Well since the oil that's in the stator cover (not much) is same as the rest that's in bike how does the oil look? Is it milky like that if you look thru sight window?

That wiring harness is high on stator cover and there is never really that much oil inside there for it to be full and come out the top like that? This is strange? Def need to pull that cover off and see what's inside.

Many more knowledgeable than I will be along to clarify.
Where's Gixerhp?

Ok but seriously, that is water miking with the oil!

Now where is it coming from, how full is the crankcase?

If I had to guess, it looks just like condensation in oil. Brown milky looking crap.. Don't know why it would be there, I've never seen the inside of one of those covers.. But that's my guess.. :laugh:

Back