Gen2 first oil change (pics)

ky busa

Registered
Done the first oil change on the gen2. Compared to the gen1, i like the way the fairing attached. I think the bolted on fairing is a much better design. After several oil changes on the gen2, i can see that the retainer clips will wear out. After owing the gen2, i realize that it dosent have as much trunk space, as the gen1. But in all other areas i feel like the gen2 is a nicer bike. Such as breaks,handeling,power, and i also like the digital gear display.

000_0643.jpg

000_0644.jpg

000_0645.jpg

000_0646.jpg

after a couple time those fairings come off with ease:thumbsup: but those plastic pop rivets haven't worn out on me yet, i know they seem flimsy but they hold:thumbsup:

yeah i know you can, just pop the bottom out and reach your hand in there, i just like to pull the whole thing off though and clean her up a little too.

Just kidding - :rofl: good job. I don't know why people pay someone to do that!

actually, a member enlarged the opening on the bottom of the right fairing so that you can reach in to remove the filter. could not remember who but will try to find that thread.

I don't change my oil. I paid for a prepaid service plan for three years unlimited oil changes for $399. I have 12000 miles on my bike and had it since Sept 16, 2011. The dealer has changed the oil at 600, 4000, 7000, 10000 and will be going in for 13000 soon. I am a diesel tech by trade and don't like changing oil. With my Yoshi exhaust on it, it is a pain in the butt to get to the filter. So I let them enjoy the task! LOL

that's what i was talking about, i new i had heard of it before:thumbsup:
actually, a member enlarged the opening on the bottom of the right fairing so that you can reach in to remove the filter. could not remember who but will try to find that thread.

I don't change my oil. I paid for a prepaid service plan for three years unlimited oil changes for $399. I have 12000 miles on my bike and had it since Sept 16, 2011. The dealer has changed the oil at 600, 4000, 7000, 10000 and will be going in for 13000 soon. I am a diesel tech by trade and don't like changing oil. With my Yoshi exhaust on it, it is a pain in the butt to get to the filter. So I let them enjoy the task! LOL
dam man, thats like letting another man kiss your woman:rofl:

I think it was Dr E, but I couldn't find a thread about it.

Is that for full synthetic? I am pretty anal about oil. I actually drain it and then screen it and run a magnet in it to look at the stuff that comes out of the engine (nothing so far :please:). I also change it at 2500 miles. I will never trust the dealer again. I have had them take the Mobil 1 I brought in and put something else in the bike and my oil disappeared. Bet some tech was riding around with my oil and I had to take the bike home and change the oil again because I had no idea what they put in it (yes I got my money back but what good is that?).

Suzuki needs to do what kawi did on the 14 with the next gen busa, shape the fairing underneath so that you can reach the oil filter without having to take a single thing off. Changing the oil on my 14 is the easiest oil change I've ever made on ANYTHING.......I love it :thumbsup:
More sportbike manufacturers should think about making oil filter access easier, since its something you have to get to constantly :banghead:

Back