Brake Pads

MoeMar

Registered
Replacing brake pads Stock or Aftermarket? How many Miles did you get with stock or others?

I went aftermarket with Gafler pads from Pashnit....They made a huge difference. I didnt wear out the stockers, just changed the pads about a month after upgrading the lines to SS.

MoeMar said:
Replacing brake pads Stock or Aftermarket? How many Miles did you get with stock or others?

Moe, did the swap straight away when I first got the 09' gave the new stock pads to my mechanic to pay it forward, ya never know. So, cannot comment on the longevity of the stock stoppers.
Replaced them with EBC HH and have approx. 19k on them and need to replace. They served me well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

EBC makes good stuff and they are manufactured here in the USA.

I prefer the EBC Extreme Pro's. A bit more money but they have incredible feel. They also last longer than the standard HH.

everybody got me to switch to ebc extreme pros... they are the street version of the HH's that make less noise.... contact justin at honda toledo east he will get you a good deal

EBC makes good stuff and they are manufactured here in the USA.

I prefer the EBC Extreme Pro's. A bit more money but they have incredible feel. They also last longer than the standard HH.

When you gonna send me some of them new EBC "Super Secret Pro" pads you keep teasing me about SteveO?

I know some people hate it, but I personally love how loud the HH's are. I feel like Nicky Hayden for a few seconds. :laugh:

Love me some EBC HH's. great pad, low dust and impressive stopping power of factory...Definitely worth the install if your swapping out the brake lines too...

15K on my OEM GENII's with 65% worn on the front and 35% worn on the rear.
Cant really get any ideas on how long brakes last. Really depends on type of riding they are
doing, and how the rider uses his brakes.

I know some people hate it, but I personally love how loud the HH's are. I feel like Nicky Hayden for a few seconds. :laugh:

Funny, the stock pads on my 06 were marked as HH, but not noisy like the EBC's....

Regards, John

I think I'll go with the EBC HH Extremes, when the time comes myself. Right now my 09, has just under 10,500 miles (OEM brakes Ok still). I also want to change my brake lines to braided, but am a little worried, about the bleeding of air process.

Those that changed their own brake lines, was it a tough task (getting all the air out)? Did you use a bleeding tool?

I might have to make this a separate post.

Bleeding brakes is not all that hard. Galfer has put some good videos up on youtube. Learning to wrench on your bike a little is a rewarding experience!

Bleeding brakes is not all that hard. Galfer has put some good videos up on youtube. Learning to wrench on your bike a little is a rewarding experience!

easiest way to do servicing or bleed brake or clutches..I use it for customers and myself all the time..

IMAG1129.jpg

Back