PC3usb to ECU Editor

busabeast

likes to pass cars
Registered
got a map for pc, want to move over to ecu flash, any thoughts on how to transfer map?:please:

Smith will give you any map that he has for free. Apparently he has quite a few for alot of common exhausts. The ecu editor maps Smith has are ones he has made or ones sent to him by members that have had there bike tuned with the ecu editor. You also have to consider that power commander base maps are just that, a base line, to get you close. For example, you could use a power commander base map for a stock gen2 with a full yoshimura exhaust, and actually be running a full Muzzy. It's possible that the bike will run as good or better with a base map for another system. That's not always the case, but it does happen. A bike will run fine without any tune at all with a full exhaust, not too lean or damaging to the engine. A bike will run better with a base map, and at it's best when properly dyno tuned by a competent operator.
If you could read the fuel table from a power commander you could write that map(or one very similiar)with the ecu editor software yourself, but that's not recommended unless you completely understand what you're doing, as you could make a serious costly mistake.
Basically if you buy the ecu editor ask Smith if he has a map for what you have. Also two identical make and model bikes with the same mods will not nesacarily have an identical fuel map when dyno tuned. Running a power commander base map or ecu map from Smith will get you close, but a dyno tune is the only way to make your bike perform at it's full potential.

all i need to know is if the values have a 1:1 ratio, or what the ratio is...
a zero map is essentially a stock map, right? so to transfer to ecu editor i go up where the pc map goes up, and down where it goes down... but by how much is my dilemma...:dunno:

PC3 MAP is not compatible with ECU Editor. It has to be a PC5 or Bazzaz.

so if i got a hold of a pc5 base map for my setup, it would translate directly to ecu editor? i didnt realize pc3 and pc5 were that diff... and i dont know anything about bazzaz maps- thought it was just a tre manufacturer...

That is what I understand. I also understand that PetriK has set the import function up to fatten up the fuel on imported files so that even if you import a tuned PC5 or Bazzaz file it will still need some adjustment. The reason is that PC5 and Bazzaz use limited throttle postions in their files and the ECU Editor is using an increased number of fuel value cells and to avoid an engine destroying lean run it adds 5% (I think) to imported PC and Bazzaz files.

right so i just spent a ton of time lookin at the pc3 and ecu ed maps and no way is there an easy conversion- bummer! guess i'm gonna have to shell out 3 bills to get her right... it'll be awhile... but one day- BAM! i'll get the juice right and bust 200!!:thumbsup:

p.s. really appreciate all you guys who rang in- keep me from hurtin the beast...:bowdown:

Back