Another cycling season comes to a close, what was the best thing of this year for you

MR Felt

Registered
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I tucked her away for the year today. My wife is nice enough to park outside so the bike can sit on her side so I can get on the bike and just go in the morning. It is getting down in the teen's at night. Nebraska has a fair amount of humidity in the winter, so frost is a danger since I leave in the dark and come home in the dark.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

This year was bitter sweet. I sold off my beloved 06Yamaha FZ1 for the Busa. I had the Fizzy all modded out, It would have dyno'd about 148 hp but, They don't hold their value like it's big brother the R1 and I knew I could do more with the Busa.
The best thing....I love the Busa and will always own one.
Lots of mods to do....going to be a busy next year.
Joel

Re: Another cycling season comes to a close, what was the best thing of this year for

that looks like one nice naked yammi!!! I know that had to be a hard let go busa or not!!!DAM BUSA S!! THEY PULLED MER OFF MY ZRX BACK IN 2001!

Re: Another cycling season comes to a close, what was the best thing of this year for

I gotta tell ya this year was the fact that I was able to travel with friends and able to see alot of friends...

I went to

McMustang came to the house and we went to Kansas to meet Omar and Semi for the Shawns bike remodel

Scar came to the house and we went on a group ride with several local folks..

Spring Bash and met Semi in Memphis and we trailered together.

Semi came to the house for a week and we did the week long "ModFest"

Spring Eureka Springs

16 day man trip with Uncle Steve

Fall Eureka

Caps get together at my house

A couple of good rides in there with friends meeting all over the state...

7 track days

Was a terrible financial year but fantastic for being able to get out to see you folks..

cap

Last edited:

I got to do all of the above minus the Spring Bash and the Man trip, my bike and myself are in one piece with a few track days sprinkled in here and there. My family and I are healthy and looking forward to Christmas.

Took a 3 day ride Memorial weekend and took pictures like this. This is Highway 128 in Northern California. Life was good on this ride. :thumbsup:

Labor Day 2010 009.jpg

Labor Day 2010 009.jpg

Well I have to say the best thing this year for me was our trip from WI. to Key West. 4000 miles round trip with a stop to Deals Gap. Trip of a lifetime.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Yeah, the cycling season is over here as I have had to bring my bicycles into the basement from the garage....but I still get to ride my rollers on my road bike so all is not lost.......oh, wait.....did you mean "motorcycling"?:laugh:

Yeah, the cycling season is over here as I have had to bring my bicycles into the basement from the garage....but I still get to ride my rollers on my road bike so all is not lost.......oh, wait.....did you mean "motorcycling"?:laugh:

That's what I was thinking! Actually the track day at Reno/Fernley Raceway connected to the Stampede was my most fulfilling experience, knowing EVERYONE on the track was awesome!

As to "cycling in Winter", well it doesn't stop for me as indicated below.

P1030257.JPG

P1030248.JPG

It was a good year. Being able to ride with my brother a few times is always great. We live about 10 hrs away from each other. With our work schedules, it'a always nice when we can go for a ride. Met a great member this year. It was a pleasure hanging out with ya WarBirdII. Hope to get back that way in the summer. And just being able to hang out on the org with a bunch of other great members.

The 2nd annual stampede was the highlight of this year. Meeting folks from all across the country again this year.

:cheerleader: War! me too!:thumbsup: lived on the bike for 23 days.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...31146-casper-keys-back-travel-log-w-pics.html
made some friends along the way :beerchug: could have made more if i had more time and money.
it was one of those rides i will talk about the rest of my life.
i had alot of good rides this year, Sturgis, beartooth pass, but from Casper to the Keys and back was by far the best thing i did all summer!:thumbsup:

pics nov 2010 051.jpg

pics nov 2010 223.jpg

pics nov 2010 256.jpg

pics nov 2010 255.jpg

pics nov 2010 306.jpg

:cheerleader: War! me too!:thumbsup: lived on the bike for 23 days.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...31146-casper-keys-back-travel-log-w-pics.html
made some friends along the way :beerchug: could have made more if i had more time and money.
it was one of those rides i will talk about the rest of my life.
i had alot of good rides this year, Sturgis, beartooth pass, but from Casper to the Keys and back was by far the best thing i did all summer!:thumbsup:

Hey that looks like some excellent home cooking. Who's the skinny dude ?
Best thing about this years cycling season is that it's finally here :)
Flat 70s for the last several weeks and I met many org members in person and enjoyed all of it.

This was a great year for me.

Went to MototGP, and was able to ride around the Santa Cruz area.

dsc02821.jpg

dsc02822.jpg

I won a track bike

gsxr_t10.jpg

Did my 1st trackday

nm1u9610.jpg

I got to ride a lot more then I did the last 2 years

11-6-110.jpg

terrel10.jpg

11-6-111.jpg

The best thing is I got to do it with friends and family :thumbsup:

Fantastic year for you! I got to ride around lake Michigan on two wheels with two good friends and the week after I got back I bought a brand new busa! Then I got to ride it for the break in miles and she sits in storage :(
Next year will be even better!!!
Thanks for sharing! I remember your original post when you told us all you had won the track bike. I was so jealous.... congrats man looks like you deserve it! And definitely appreciate it!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Getting back into the busa world. Been busa less the last few years.

Remembering the good times and laughs with my friends on rides, and Angels keeping me safe from harm while I ride. I lost my Mother in July, and I know she was one of them.

For me it was meeting several new friends on here, then actually coming out of my shell enough to go to Haya's in the Hills (Second Annual). Now, the Spring Bash?! Wow, things changed for me. Normally I'd go riding by myself and be content.

Moved from AR to NC, building a new house, so no time to go to any of the bashes, was the worst part of the year.

The best was trying to keep up with the Raleigh NC folks through their country twisties and loosing all my chicken strips.:laugh:

Rode to work at 29F wasn't too bad, winter "cycling" clothes with "Motor cycling" leathers over the cycling stuff works real well.

Bike remains on standby, for the odd nice day over here.

this year was great cause it was my first year at home with my dream bike

and lol the birth of my first son

Last edited:
Back