Why???

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Why can I not get my bike to run faster than a 6:25 in the 1/8mile? I have it stretched, air shifted, piped, pc'd, and it is geared 15/43. Oh, and I have a shift light as well.
I launch at 7grand and have real good 60ft times.....1.4ish. I usually go through the traps at around 6:25-6:30 at 112mph. Something is wrong with this!!! There are bigger guys than me running basically the same set-up that are running 6 flat and faster at way more mph.
What gives???
Any ideas????? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
What gears do you go through and are you high / low in rpm at the traps? I am just curious

Compression check?
Clutch slippage at upper end of track? Have you pulled and inspected the clutch pack?

How soon do you go to full throttle? You need to get WOT as soon as possible. Have you done ANY chassis adjustments?

My half track is like 4 something. I have not done any real chasis adjustments because I do not know what to do..I did soften up the rear a little. The motor is tight, and the clutch pack is good. I am at WOT well before the 60ft mark. I sm just dumbfounded. I put in new plugs, and all the other usuall stuff, but that isnt helping. And the front is strapped down tight!!

:poke:do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall?

practice, practice, practice.:laugh:

work on your launch, over and over again.

How much do you weight?

What kind of tune do you have?

Without knowing what your slips look like, based on your MPH I would say something is wrong with the bike (if you are getting 1.4 60'). With that 60' you should be in the 3's on your 330'... ???

Has it been dynoed at a respected shop?

Personally, I would NEVER run a 15.....I would go 16/45 but that's not the issue...

The last few passes, I have blown the tire away, so I know I am getting to WOT fast enough. At first I thought it was my worn out Shinko, but then I put on a tire that I got from GoldenChild and it is doing the same thing. So basically I have 2 issues going on now. My timeslips are in the trailer, so I will have to get one out to list actual numbers. I weigh 195...probably 215 suited. I shift at 10,200rpm and when I go through the traps I am in 4th. I tried running it out in 3rd, but I was going into the rev limiter.
I just dont know what the issue is. I am not too concerned about the tire problem right now, because of the cooler temps, but I am still trying to figure out my other issue.

Back