wheels?

How much scratch you want to spend? You have in excess of $4500 to blow get some BST CF hoops.
So, you want to drag or just putt around? or Both?
A lot of good quality and lighter rims out there, all a matter of personal choice.
I would get what blanca or sleepless have on their rides.

or cz, or marzocchi would be the middle ground. bst is definitely the top of the heap in terms of lightness and pricetag

I know the bst but will they hold up with a lot of street riding with bumps in the road and etc.etc. Plus i think of the bst more for the serious racer trying to save every pound possible. So i guess im looking for more in the middle

I know the bst but will they hold up with a lot of street riding with bumps in the road and etc.etc. Plus i think of the bst more for the serious racer trying to save every pound possible. So i guess im looking for more in the middle

You can't go wrong with the CZ's. I have more than 12K miles on mine and still going strong.

I love them but just cant understand why they are so exp. All of the pro street cars I had I did not have 4500 in all four wheels and tires. I had 15 inch wide wheels on the rear with 19 1/2 X 33 inch tires on the back. One of my back wheels could make 2 bike wheels. I just don't get it. I would love to have a set but just cant afford to spend that much on 2 wheels.

Last edited:
I love them but just cant understand why they are so exp. All of the pro street cars I had I did not have 4500 in all four wheels and tires. I had 15 inch wide wheels on the rear with 19 1/2 X 33 inch tires on the back. One of my back wheels could make 2 bike wheels. I just don't get it. I would love to have a set but just cant afford to spend that much on 2 wheels.

I agree 8ball, I guess motorcycle wheel manufacturers buy into the "less is more" philosophy. :dunno:

I went through the same a few years ago. I wanted BSTs but the price was more than I could see paying. After quite a bit of research, I ended up with Marvic Piumas. Many of the pro street guys were using the so I knew the would hold up for me at the track. They were also the lightest non-CF wheel out there. The are cast magnesium so their could be some street strength issues. If that bothers you pick a DOT approved aluminum wheel. You choices will be very limited with DOT only offerings. My Marvics have 3 years on the street without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through the same a few years ago. I wanted BSTs but the price was more than I could see paying. After quite a bit of research, I ended up with Marvic Piumas. Many of the pro street guys were using the so I knew the would hold up for me at the track. They were also the lightest non-CF wheel out there. The are cast magnesium so their could be some street strength issues. If that bothers you pick a DOT approved aluminum wheel. You choices will be very limited with DOT only offerings. My Marvics have 3 years on the street without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet what did those run you and where did you get them at I want the best wheel for the price. I like the CZ but i figured there were ighter out there

Using Galespeed rims for 3 years,went trunk road riding and touring with lots of pot holes.No issue so far,of cause its not the lightest.My friend's gixxer 1k stock rims bented in at a slow speed over quite a deep and big pot hole.Especially in the rear.:whistle:

The MOI is lowest on the BST's. I will take that each and every time.

bst_front.jpg

bst_rear2.jpg

my bst.jpg

Back