Marble Mod !

NewbieOnBusa

Registered
So i was fed up from loud gunshot like noise that my exhaust was making so i finally did the famous marble mod. Also checked all the hoses and found one vaccum hose cracked up. Replaced that and wow... what a difference. Bike runs smoother and pulls harder!

1. Pop the seat and tank open
mail.jpg

2. Right Side you will spot this hose connected to the Air Box! Pull the hose and remove the clamp !
mail4.jpg

3. Things you need.. Marble and Zip Tie.
mail2.jpg
mail3.jpg

4. Next you need to put something lubricating (oil, gel etc) on the marble to it easily slides in the vaccum hose. And push it in the hose for about 2 inches or so. I also recommend doing this when the bike engine is warm so that the rubber hose expands from heat thus preventing it from cracks!
mail1.jpg
mail7.jpg

5. After putting the marble in the hose, put a zip tie so it doesnt go down any further but do not over tighten the tie. Just secure the marble.
mail6.jpg

6. Thats it ! it should look like this
mail5.jpg

I hope this helps anyone out there. Total cost $8.93 just because i couldn't find any marbles and didn't have any ties!

mail.jpg

mail1.jpg

mail5.jpg

mail6.jpg

mail7.jpg

mail4.jpg

mail2.jpg

mail3.jpg

Last edited:
ok.. I have BMC air filter and flashed ecu.. kept it cheap till i can afford a RCC turbo kit.. thanks for explaining it to me..

Back