Gen II Marble Mod (w/ pics)

III

Registered
I thought it might be helpful to have step-by-step instructions for this since it seems that there has been some confusion between Gen I and II and people have been blocking off the wrong hoses.

The purpose of this mod is to alleviate the popping on deceleration (afterfiring) after installing a full, aftermarket exhaust system. I'm not interested in doing the entire pair valve block off mod, so the suggested method has been to use a marble to block this hose. At first I was leery of using a marble and bought several different sizes of plugs from the hardware store, but in the end, the marble fit the best and seemed the most apt to stay put. I added an extra step/mod in the form of a zip-tie after the clip and marble in an attempt to keep it lodged there.

Here goes...

Step 1:
Remove both (2) tank bolts.

Step 2:
Remove both (2) seat bolts.

Step 3:
Lift and prop the fuel tank. (Easier when you're closer to Empty than Full)

Step 4:
Go to the RIGHT | THROTTLE-SIDE | BRAKE-SIDE of the bike. Look underneath the airbox and locate the airbox breathing tube towards the front | stem of the bike.

Step 5:
Detach the breather hose from the airbox. Keep an eye on or even temporarily remove the clip to prevent it from sliding back down the hose.

Step 6: (Before inserting the marble)
For those that are paranoid about the marble getting sucked back into the intake, I've added a zip-tie further down the hose, just tight enough to keep the marble from going back down the hose.

Step 7:
Insert the marble into the breather hose. As you'll see, the marble fits pretty snug.

Step 8:
Put the clip back on the hose and re-attach it back to the airbox. Make sure that the hose is slid all the way up the nipple and that clip is secure around the nipple, not the marble.

Step 9:
Snip the zip-tie end (if you used one), lower the tank, re-apply both (2) tank bolts.

Step 10:
Re-attach the seat and seat bolts.

Your marble mod is now complete! Now go enjoy your new rumble, rather than POP POP POP! :banana::cheerleader::banana:

Tank bolts.jpg

Seat bolts.jpg

Breather hose.jpg

marble in hose.jpg

Zip tie.jpg

Perfect! I have yet to do this but its on my list and this answers any questions i had. Thanks!!!:thumbsup::beerchug:

good write up. The process is the same for either Gen busa only the location of the hose is different.

The only thing I would change in your process is to remove the seat bolts and seat prior to removing the hold down bolts for the tank.

It's not common but it can happen that someone forgets to remove the seat bolts, yanks the tank up and then... nothing good happens after this. :laugh:

Nice write up. :beerchug::thumbsup:

got slip-ons now and no decel pop but good to have this handy. good write up, thanks!

There are two different write ups on this and two different hoses plugged. I wonder which is the right one.

This is the correct right up. I speak from experience on this one. I was one of the Gen II members that ended up plugging the wrong hose and did not get the desired results. I returned the other hose back to stock and now the true PAIR hose is blocked and working well.

Thanks for posting this up III and clearing up the confusion. This should be posted as a sticky in Gen II.

I know this is an old thread, but just want to check something.
I am fitting a Pc5 and Autotune AT200 to go with my Akrapovic's and decat headers.
Now i have read that i need to block off the PAIR when fitting the autotune. Does just fitting the marble do the same thing ?, as i don't want to remove the PAIR system from the bike if i can help it.

I have no idea why I was so skeptical about using glass ball, however at the local Home Depot I found a metal ball bearing 5/8 in diameter and it worked just fine. Here is a part number if anyone interested. 2.60$

IMG_1043.jpeg

Back