Smoked tailight

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I got this smoked LED tailight last week for $40 new off ebay. I think it goes well with the smoked signals and the gray/black of my 08.
I've seen the same ones go for up to $180 from other sellers! They're also available in clear. The fit/finish and quality is equal to stock. They also have integrated turn signals in the tail light, but I chose not to use them. The tailight is plug and play, and the integrated signals are one wire to each signal wire on the bike, if you choose to use them. It is as bright as stock too.
This one came from Http://stores.ebay.com/Dormousesleep
He is a U.S. seller, but the part was shipped from China, and it is not junk.
Took less than a week to get. Just though I'de pass it along.

SDC10920.jpg

SDC10921.jpg

SDC10925.jpg

My brake light doesn't change enough for me to feel safe.
Posted via Mobile Device

I got this smoked LED tailight last week for $40 new off ebay. I think it goes well with the smoked signals and the gray/black of my 08.
I've seen the same ones go for up to $180 from other sellers! They're also available in clear. The fit/finish and quality is equal to stock. They also have integrated turn signals in the tail light, but I chose not to use them. The tailight is plug and play, and the integrated signals are one wire to each signal wire on the bike, if you choose to use them. It is as bright as stock too.
This one came from Http://stores.ebay.com/Dormousesleep
He is a U.S. seller, but the part was shipped from China, and it is not junk.
Took less than a week to get. Just though I'de pass it along.

I like it. :thumbsup:. Did you have any problems with the install? Anything special you need to do? I read a post here somewhere about a member having problems installing a brake/tail light?

I like it. :thumbsup:. Did you have any problems with the install? Anything special you need to do? I read a post here somewhere about a member having problems installing a brake/tail light?

No, it's an easy install. Remove the tail, and 4 bolts hold the tail light in. It has a metal bracket that has to be switched to the new one. Plug it in, done.
15min job if you already know how to remove the tail, and that's easy too if you never have.

No I want a noticeable difference between brake and running lights.
Posted via Mobile Device

I understand, but with the lights on, they look the same. I put one of the smoked turn signals in first, and left the other side stock/clear. I turned on the flashers, and there was no difference in brightness at all.
The smoked tailight is also as bright as the stocker, if not more, the LEDs are very noticeable.
So if drivers are paying attention to your lights as they should, they are the same or better than stock. I don't think more noticable lights will save you from the idiot that's gonna rear end you anyway.

No, it's an easy install. Remove the tail, and 4 bolts hold the tail light in. It has a metal bracket that has to be switched to the new one. Plug it in, done.
15min job if you already know how to remove the tail, and that's easy too if you never have.

Thanks..

Back