Did you know

BigBadDodge

Registered
Apparently in adams county colorado you can get a ticket for getting off your bike while stopped at a rail road crossing:rofl:

Headed down to a cruise spot few towns south of me and on the way back took the non city 2 lane roads home, well i get caught 3-4 cars behind a rail crossing with a adams county sheriff car infront of me, so i do my best to position my headlight as to not be in his mirrors but still where i have a escape. Watch my mirrors till i get a few cars piled up behind me and put her in neutral and kinda stretch out. Well 3 cars over the road, train stops, being i've driven the road hundreds of times its gonna be awhile, flip my visor, get off and stand next to the bike to stretch out, fully geared mind you, sheriff steps outta the car and goes sir you cant do that, i go cant do what? You need to get back on your bike sir or i will write you a ticket, its 1030 i just wanna get home so i get back on the bike and stand over the bike lol as he is watching me in the mirrors, i'd look like i was getting back off and put a knee on the seat, sat there for 19 minutes :banghead:

Any one else ever run into that? Talked to a cop buddy of mine who said yes and no he didnt even know how you write it up though.

You get a ticket here just for flipping up your visor, eye protection must be on even stopped at a light :laugh:

Never had that, but once after working 18 hours straight I stopped for a train in the rain, next thing I know there's a cop banging on my window, waking me up asking if I had too much to drink, then told me to go on.......cool cop !!

well common sence will tell you that flipping your visor and getting off your bike when there was no sign stating.... it is legal to dismount your bike at 1030 while a train is comming while flipping your visor... if you did not see that sign then you are wrong! but really a cop is that petty, he needs more doughnuts in his life

That's a shame he was a d-bag, what a jerk... That should have been a violation in it self.... douche bag impersonating an LEO. :rulez:

Cop was doing his job and enforcing the law passed by politicians.

He wasn't a d-bag cause he did NOT ticket you. He gave a warning and moved on. Good on the cop.

And now you know for next time. Yay.

Hmm, strange. I've been in the same situation (have to cross a main line track on my way to and from work everyday), got off the bike, walked up and talked with the cop for a while. But I knew the guy, a local town cop who (not joking here) used to sack my groceries at our supermarket before he was a cop.

Back