false nuetral between 5th and 6th.

Mine did it for awhile, Then just stopped, Just like the one from 1st to 2nd. Just make sure your shifting hard enough,

How many miles on your bike

I had it only once or twice when I babied the shifter. Push it like you mean it. Also, if your shift lever is too high - this promotes weak shifting pressure.

Other than that, if you are still having a problem, then I guess you've got a problem. Sorry.

I've had it happen a couple times on my 06, but I think it was from not pushing the shifter
hard enough. It may also depend on the rpm you are shifting at. I notice on mine 5th to 6th seems to go
a lot nicer if your rpms are higher.

If you google it,,,It is a very beign common problem with the busa during your first 1500-2000 miles,,,,Mine did it as well,,It is being said that it stops after the transmission mats,,I assume your bike doesnt have too many miles on it,,The manual recommends to gear up and down alot during the breakend period,,It will go away after a period of time on its own,,,no hard shifting is needed nor recommended,,you dont want to bend anything,,,The false neutral has been seen in between several gears,,,,but mostly reported between 5th anf 6th

Last edited:
I have run mobil 1 since 900 miles. The bike is a 2005 and has 15000 miles on it. when I use the clutch it is sometimes difficult to shift it in. I have to use a good bit of pressure. It doesn't do it all the time, just occasionally. seems to go fine if I don't use the clutch. Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know if there is a fix for it?

I have run mobil 1 since 900 miles. The bike is a 2005 and has 15000 miles on it. when I use the clutch it is sometimes difficult to shift it in. I have to use a good bit of pressure. It doesn't do it all the time, just occasionally. seems to go fine if I don't use the clutch. Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know if there is a fix for it?

I tried Mobil 1 in mine, and if anything, it made the false neutral problem worse.
Switched to Motul 7100 after the failed Mobil 1 experiment, pretty much an insta-fix for the false neutral. Am using Motul 300V now, haven't had a false neutral anywhere in around 14,000 miles.
Not trying to sell you on Motul, but my findings are that Mobil 1 isn't really any better than cheap Dino oil.

Mine does it quite often. I clutchless shift mine between 5th and 6th and it shifts smooth.

I found the same thing happening on my 09 Busa with only 500 miles on it. My 2000 Busa does the same thing. I have learned use a quick firm motion for every shift, up and own and I don't have a problem.

Good thread , mine does it too with 900 miles on it. Usually I'm not revving to high from 5th to 6th. Maybe part of the problem.

Back