5/6 False Neutral

plucka

Registered
Hi everyone, I'm a new member with a 2013 busa. Experiencing false neutral between 5th and 6th. Has anyone else had this on there 2012/13. I Read other Posts on this problem on older models. Thought Suzuki would have fixed this by now!:confused:

Hi everyone, I'm a new member with a 2013 busa. Experiencing false neutral between 5th and 6th. Has anyone else had this on there 2012/13. I Read other Posts on this problem on older models. Thought Suzuki would have fixed this by now!:confused:
No I've encountered false neutral on that particular model too, mainly between 1st and 2nd

Also I encountered fairing issues on that model too, especially round the front right indicator pod (cracks appeared )where pod screws to fairing, 4 replacement fairings same problem

Also I encountered fairing issues on that model too, especially round the front right indicator pod (cracks appeared )where pod screws to fairing, 4 replacement fairings same problem

20160522_142609.jpg

You have to power through the 1 to 2nd and 5 to 6th shifts on most Busas I have ridden. You can't, shift, let the clutch out, then coast. Seems the transmission likes drive from the engine side. Like GixerHP said shift it like you mean it.

A quickshifter helps when programmed properly.
I put the Factory shift star and spring kit on it seems to help.
Since the weather has been crap here in the NW I can't really say whether it is worth the time and money though.

One of those Star shift indent things might help. Sorry, I cant quite remember the real name of it. Somebody will know. It's a bolt on item and makes the shifts more positive.

Now see, that's what I like about this forum, so many people experiencing the same thing that I experience. I had it simply not go into gear when I was really twisting the throttle at about 140 going into 6th. This will chill you at that speed.

Factory Pro shift star may help a bit. I have been running one for the last 10k miles. Still have had false neutral on occasion when I get lazy. Personally if I had it to do over again I probably would skip that mod and put that money into something else.

Thanks everyone... Tell me why it only does it when using the clutch. If you quick shift it's perfect every time!

Factory Pro shift star may help a bit. I have been running one for the last 10k miles. Still have had false neutral on occasion when I get lazy. Personally if I had it to do over again I probably would skip that mod and put that money into something else.

Now see, that's what I like about this forum, so many people experiencing the same thing that I experience. I had it simply not go into gear when I was really twisting the throttle at about 140 going into 6th. This will chill you at that speed.

Are you shifting to early? Im still in 4th gear at 140

140mph in 4th? I must be really babying her. I don't run her to redline, since I think see gets up and going fast enough with shifting at 6500-7500rpms.

It was built to be red lined.
Rip it wide open throttle off the get go.
Run it through the gears and hold it.
Eventually you'll run out of rpm's, or road, usually road.
Then you can let off of it.
That's how you do it.
Shifting at 6500-7500 is fine...but still cruising
At 6k it's just starting to make power.
You don't even know what you really have til you've done that!
Which is true with anything.:beerchug:

It seems to be a minor problem that I've encountered once or twice while still running in the bike. Now with a few miles on it, this occasional false neutral only shows up when I'm being a bit too subtle (or lazy) with the shifter.

Back