Weekend Update (A Slice of California)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Man, I love going home.

Friday afternoon, I headed back to the coast. It was 100F in Phoenix, which means it's quite pleasant in the coastal mountains.

I rode Wasabi from Phoenix directly to Fun Bike Center in San Diego, where my 2nd set of Pures awaited...and I treated Wasabi to a little spa-time. :whistle:

Shoe Shopping.jpg

Shoe Shopping 2.jpg

Wasabi Gets New Shoes.jpg

It's so nice to be home.

On Saturday morning, I got up to a glorious scene, and decided to share a little slice of it with you...

Home, Sweet Home.

Home Sweet Home.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I met up with Bubba and JD for breakfast; Mischivs173 (Dwayne) and his wife, Sarah would hook up with us a little bit later.

After a little riding, Bubba and Dwayne/Sarah took off for different destinations leaving JD and I to tame the rest of the county's asphalt.

We hit Hwy 94; and I'm awaiting the upload of those pix...:whistle: tick tock tick tock...

A tall order, but we were up to it. :beerchug:

Foot of Sunrise 1.jpg

Foot of Sunrise (JD).jpg

Pures After Break In.jpg

We nearly ran up in the back of a SD County Sheriff's Excursion while spanking Hwy 94 (she was a naughty, naughty highway), so we decided to give the man some space...

While waiting, we saw a historic train from the museum. It was really old.

Anyway, here are a couple of pix of those precious moments. :laugh:

El Train.jpg

El Train 2.jpg

Somewhere on 94.jpg

I got a text from Lamb who was near Julian...and JD and I were headed that way, so we decided to meet up half-way...

Here are a couple of pix which Lamb shot at our meet-up point... :beerchug:

Stampede attendees should probably anticipate seeing these images again...:whistle:

:laugh:

Lamb on Sunrise.jpg

Scar on Sunrise 22MAY10.jpg

So, the gaggle of us headed to Julian.

We came upon a wreck in progress (a rental Harley, 2-up)...they took 'em away on boards...hope they're okay.

We got into Julian and sat at our usual place for a piece of...(dare I say (?))...

Reduced Fat Milk to offset the Enhanced Fat Pie? :rofl:

Nom Nom Nom Nom :whistle:

Reduced Fat.jpg

Enhanced Fat.jpg

Anyone want to see what Wasabi's Shifter looks like after (something just north of 66k miles?

Shifter 1.jpg

Shifter 2.jpg

After the Weekend Mileage.jpg

So, I just look at Hwy94Photo.com. Chuck (the photographer) has uploaded his weekend offerings.

Here's two (a single pass) from Saturday...

I like these two much better than any of those he got on Sunday.

94Photo1 Saturday.jpg

94Photo2 Saturday.jpg

Here are Sunday's. Do you agree?

We made three passes for Chuck. Once to find him, once for our 'close-up's, Mr. DeMille', and once again to continue on our original course.

94Photo1 Sunday.jpg

94Photo2 Sunday.jpg

94Photo3 Sunday.jpg

94Photo4 Sunday.jpg

94Photo5 Sunday.jpg

Cool picks, how many miles did you get out of your first set of pures?

Don't rightly know, bro. They're still on my Gen1, but I have somewhere at or just over 3k on them, I believe.

Still diggin' 'em, apparently. :beerchug:

Sunday morning, while switching out parking spots between the girls, I snapped a couple pix before heading East.

Another fantastic weekend.

Hope you all enjoyed yours as much as I did mine. :beerchug:

The Sisters on Sunday 1.jpg

The Sisters on Sunday 2.jpg

Don't rightly know, bro. They're still on my Gen1, but I have somewhere at or just over 3k on them, I believe.

Still diggin' 'em, apparently. :beerchug:

:thumbsup:

Good stuff, expecting a full write up(or an update to your other post) once you have decide they have had enough.

Very nice.
Great view in the video.
I'm guessing this is the balcony in your home ?

Best pic is this one...
Just getting ready to attack.
Cant quite see thru your visor so it leaves a bit of imagination needed as to what and where.....:beerchug:
(is the center of road where stripes are rippled or something to wake you up should you cross ?)

best pic.jpg

:thumbsup:

Good stuff, expecting a full write up(or an update to your other post) once you have decide they have had enough.

Count on that.

I suspect I'll burn through the 2nd set faster than the 1st set, though...just because I ride the Gen2, now, far more than the Gen1...

Although; I have put some thousands of miles on the Gen1 this year...:whistle:

Very nice.
Great view in the video.
I'm guessing this is the balcony in your home ?

Best pic is this one...
Just getting ready to attack.
Cant quite see thru your visor so it leaves a bit of imagination needed as to what and where.....:beerchug:
(is the center of road where stripes are rippled or something to wake you up should you cross ?)

Thanks, Saiid.

Yes. Built on the hillside, there are three large decks; that video I shot from the middle of the three. The pic with the wooden doors in it (post #2) is the main entrance to the house.

It's hard (almost impossible) to tell from that video but you can see the big bay and the Mighty Pacific (including the Coronado Islands) from there.

The ripples you refer to are called "rumble strips" and yes, they're designed to alert people to the fact that they're on their way to 'the other side' of the DYL...the right side or the wrong side...just 'the other side.'

Back