Got a Rare Chance To Ride Yesterday..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
Was partly cloudy and 84 degrees, so I took a half day off work and headed out on some backroads for a while. As usual, I took the GoProHD along and made a ride vid. Is a little too long for YouTube so I put it on Vimeo.. Twisties... 5-12-2010 on Vimeo
First time down this section since late last summer, road has held up pretty well compared to some of the others around here. Was a good time and a good day for a cruise in the country.
One other thing, see the black thing in the road at 0:52? That was a fair sized Snapping Turtle in the process of making his way across.:laugh:

today definitely wasn't a good day for riding. Did you have any tornado action out your way? I could have swore one was going to form right over the top of me. Clouds were circling right above me and it was very dark at 8 a.m.

No, everything swung south of Republic thankfully. Got real dark and rained cats and dogs for a few minutes over on the west edge of Springfield where I work, but that was it. Got lucky.. again.
That's why I got out yesterday, knew I wasn't going to have a chance again soon. Starting to get desperate here, taking any little chance for a few miles I get.
Crazy weather this spring.

Back