fan install

shady08798

Registered
this weekend im going to be doing some maintenance on the busa oil/filter change coolant flush and also my HID's will be here so ill be putting them in as well. i was also thinking about getting a AL muzzy fan blade but im not sure what all is involved with the install. ive done some reading and it says that there is a install thread on here by a GMbusa but i cant seem to find it if anyone has any info for me it would help a lot thanks

Does replacing the plastic fan with an aluminum one like the Muzzy's really help?
How would you measure the effectiveness/effienency? Temp gauge? Manufacture's claim?

I did that mod myself, and if I can do it, you can do it :laugh: Once you start pulling off the old fan, it's all pretty self-explanatory...good luck :)

yes pretty easy to do and yes...very much helpfull

just be careful not to bend the fins on the radiator, they are sensitive and bend very easily

Not to thread jack, but I was wondering what fan I should use when I do the dual fan mod? Would I have to take the radiator all the way out to do the mod?

There are some gsxr1000 fans with modified tabs to be a direct bolt on that I bought from somebody here...I did a dual fan mod search to find the source...I did switch the fan / fans to a muzzy fan blade. There is some simple wiring and replacing the stock fuse with a slightly higher amp value. Although it may not be 100% necessary it is simple insurance.

I was also told that you could use another 'Busa fan on the radiator. Is it possible to do this?

i believe that you can, there are some posts on here about that, let me see if i can find some by searching

Back