Theft Protection

goblinsix

Registered
So what chains or locks do you folks use when leaving bikes overnight in parking lots at bike events? I assume the prudent thing to do would be to chain two bikes together. Just curious what the popular options where.

RoadLok!!:thumbsup: Chaining the bike to a solid immovable source is a good idea too, and of course there are other options!

iPhone 019.jpg

I just bought a Roadlok ( Board sponsor ) for my Gen-II. Lock pin goes through the disc.
In addition, if you can chain the bike to something solid, or another bike, that that will be terrific!

Last edited:
Ya know, that's what I love about you guys - you're our best salesmen...I don't have to do anything except sit back and watch. That's awesome. Your paychecks are in the mail!:beerchug:

Thanks Daryl! I dont chain my bike to anything, I use a two way paging alarm and a Roadlok! Beyond that, I keep my premiums with State Farm up to date. :laugh:

Thanks Daryl! I dont chain my bike to anything, I use a two way paging alarm and a Roadlok! Beyond that, I keep my premiums with State Farm up to date. :laugh:

+1 RoadLok is primary in addition to a two way (Scorpio) paging alarm. In addition I will throw a disc lock on the front and I also have the enhance LoJack since I have good coverage here. But you have to remember that nothing will deter a determined and well prepared thief so keep your bike insured and premiums up to date.

If the thief has a little time and opportunity your bike is a gonner. I would go with two bikes (thick) cabled not chained together when going on bike events, cables takes longer to cut. If I'm home I would cable the bike on something permanent or keep it corraled by a vehicle along with a pager. Disc locks will buy time, but all you need is a skateboard or a furniture roller with a minivan and the bike is history. Having insurance is a good thing, but you will never get the time, effort, and parts that you put in not to mention the insurance check is never enough.

Last edited:
There are tracking systems out there that work off of cell phone towers and can get you to with in a couple of feet where the bike is. Some of these systems will also let you know when some one is trying to move the bike. These systems are a 100x better then LoJack.

On the road...I stay at Motels....drive the bike right in the room with me!

At home I always leave the key in the bike.
Our 95lb. Rottweiller is a good determent!

Too scared Blanca doesnt like dark parking lots !

I Have a Kryptonite NY disc lock . I use it even if I am in Mickey Ds and can see her.

Just dont have good luck and no way would I leave her in a lot overnight.

100% sure she would be gone. Between So Florida and again my luck......
...Like Muhatma she would be Gandhi !

i tie a piece of fishing line from the bike to my tent or hammock, and im a light sleeper.
i take a trip or two, every year, and i usually don't worry about it. just use your best judgment on where to leave your machine, and hope your karma is good.

i hope i didn't just jinx myself:whistle:

He had some berringer calipers a while back with built in road lock for gen2 fronts. It was pricey but very cool. Upgraded calipers + theft detterent.
Posted via Mobile Device

1. RoadLok - see above.

2. Bike alarm - Scorpio i900 is very popular with members here:
Buy Now: Buy Now: Scorpio Motorcycle Alarms for Bikes Security System | Pashnit Moto

3. A Bike Lock was mentioned - you have a lot to choose from:
Buy Now: Motorcycle Locks: OnGuard Disc Locks, U-Locks, Cable Locks | PashnitMoto.com

4. Consider a cover when you travel. Out of sight, out of mind.

Buy Now: Geza Motorcycle Cover Geza Gear Bike Cover Gza Geeza | Pashnit Moto Products
Img_1832-hearst_475.jpg

Yes, it even fits inside the hump.

Img_9622-hump-mod-350.jpg

5. And when all else fails...
displayimage.php

Img_1832-hearst_475.jpg

Img_9622-hump-mod-350.jpg

Back