TL1000R Opinions....

Awesome bike, very powerfull and torque filled. Personally I would take the TL over a lot of liter bikes. The plugs are a pain in the arse to change but other than that it is a great bike. They do run on they heavy side of life like the busa, but the compromise is they are very comfortable.

I loved this bike. I had a 2002 with a full M4 exhaust and a host of other mods. Not a Busa but very powerful and sounds great. It's a big person bike 200lbs atleast.

They are an awesome bike.
The TLR shares a great deal of suspension componets with the Busa.

I would love to have one.

sweet looking bike especially in blu and white by far one of my favorite bikes. If i didn't get such a good deal on my busa I would have bought one (still want one) will probobly buy on one day. Doesnt compare to the gixxer 1000 in speed because of weight but the look sure makes up for it. If you have chance to buy one in good condition get.

Ride safe

Wow Im surprised so much positive support of this bike... thanks everyone I will def have to look into this bike a little more... I keep seeing them listed on Craigslist and local cycle traders for 3,000-4,500 very affordable at this point... thats the main issue for me I cant afford a 8k+ bike right now so Im looking for something similar in style and size and my friends pointed me to the TL1000R

I originally looked at one before I got the Busa. It didn't impress me at all.
Suspension sucks for adjustment & they have a big issue w/ the hump sailing off too. Good looking bike though. The RC51 is a much better bike, I had one for a few years. A friend of mine had one & loved it.

Last edited:
Id buy a TL1000 in a second if i found a good deal on one or if the wife would let me have a second bike. Lots of fun to ride, plenty of torque, and very comfortable to sit on for a long time.

TLs Rock.....

Until the Busa came out.....the TL was my favorite of all time.

I would still pick one up if I could find a clean one.

A tlr is a true race bike format.

suspension is weak and known for fuel injection quirks and issues

IMHO, an RC51 is a better choice...but I have no need for either. A tls or a Vstrom are fun on the street without the committed race bike stance. Same mapping/ fuel injections quirks. Weaker suspensions on both.

To me....a sport bike is a 4 cylinder

A Vtwin is for cruising.

If you don't have enough "grunt", buy a bigger bike.

sweet looking bike especially in blu and white by far one of my favorite bikes. If i didn't get such a good deal on my busa I would have bought one (still want one) will probobly buy on one day. Doesnt compare to the gixxer 1000 in speed because of weight but the look sure makes up for it. If you have chance to buy one in good condition get.

Ride safe

I have to agree, my first bike was a blue/white tlr. To this day I wish I never got rid of that bike. I'm always looking for them on Craigslist but they're hard to find here, of course so is the actual money to get one. Tough to beat the torque and sound of them.:thumbsup:

Had one, LOVE IT :cheerleader: , and now I'am kinda sorry I sold it. It was one of the most comfortable, long distance V-Twin Sport Bike I've ever had. Plenty of power, get up and go and I (Personal Opinion) think it's one, if not the most, Beautiful bikes ever built. Ok, I'll quit slobering and remembering ;;;;;;;;;; But I do miss mine alot !!! :beerchug:

LOVE the TL. The rear shock needs to go. The hump mod is needed. The charging system mod needs to be done to avoid dead battery on the run.
I personally love the yellow version.

Ron

Buddy has one. I rode it, liked it, but that was it. It looks awesome, but has some quirky issues with the weird rear suspension and fueling issues. Not just anyone can work on these bikes. A stock 2000 up GSXR 750 (not 1000) will wear your azz out. They can be made to go fast for tons of money. Same mods to a 4 cylinder would net greater gains. Save your money and buy a 4 cylinder liter bike with fuel injection.

Back