TL1000r vs. SV1000S

buda315

Registered
Those with experience on the Suzuki TL1000r vs. SV1000S please give personal experiences or here say and describe the differences. Mainly looking for ergos and power curves as well as a comparison to the busa, since I have ridden a busa, but not the other two bikes.

rock.gif
.... This a busa board mate
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
*joking*

I'm sure someone will be able to help you out here...

tounge.gif

Speaking from second hand info.....I hear the SV is an awesome machine. Handling and ergonomics are top notch.

I came from the tiller ranks, had a beautiful blue '01 tl100s. I really enjoyed that bike and wish I still had it....something about that v-twin sound (v-twin superbike, not harley) Although it was kind of unrefined, awful around town manners. Would just quit at the most unexpected moment, I became king of the rolling starts. However, railing in the country was a blast. The SV's are much more refined, smooth and comfortable, same basic engine with a better processor and better fuel injection to smooth out that cranky bottom end. The tl's were some of the first bikes Dynojet made powercommaders for in 1997. In my opinion, not a good 2-up bike, the second person changes the whole dymanic of the unit. I would like to find an '01 "R" in good condition.

Speaking from second hand info.....
Same here but supposed the SV1000S is a much better deal all around .

the 03's had some main bearing problems from the factory .

2005 recieved larger throttle bodies and lighter flywheel and I think a compression bump . 05's rear sub frame was lowered and they come in groovy black color . Sweet up close .

The TL's need money spent up front to get rid of that rotary rear shock and have a 16 bit processor . They have pitched many a rider
wow.gif

They sell for 7200.00 at some dealers vs asking prices of 6k and up for TLR's . I'd take the 05 with the 32 bit processor if I were taking  
smile.gif

Try tlplanet.com. I have a 98 TL1000R. Love the v-twin! I've ridden both and liked the tiller better. The SV was a bit more comfortable but felt a bit "flatter". Of course, coming of my tiller wasn't really a fair comparision.

There's some good deals on 02-03 GSX-R 750's out there . Those bikes run pretty hard with a good pipe . They give some ZX9's a hard time and the ZX-9's give their share of grief to other supposed bigger n badder bikes .

It's like the food chain thing
biggrin.gif
Well , maybe not but anyway just a thought and buy the right one , resale probably will be OK .

Yeah, 750's (99 and up) will hand a tiller or SV it's ass. I just really enjoy the broad torque band of the v-twin. Also, you can get some really smoking deals on TLs right now. Especially loaded ones.

the SV is more comfortable... the TL handles ALOT better and runs marginally better...

The rear shock is OK for a normal rider.. if you ever got REEEEAALLY serious about track days you should probably change it out though.

I do track days with a guy that is running the stock shock and could hand alot of guys on I4 600/750, and some 1000's their asses in the race class.

rear shock would help... but it's not a MUST for just riding.

The TL1000R was one of the most underestimated sport bikes ever made. It's a pity they stopped makin em.

Heavy bike, but handles phenomenally, and has a hell of a lot of power.

Back