Gen 1 changes from 99 to 07

bazooki

Registered
What exactly has changed on the first gen Busa over the years. Has anything changed that would have affected the top speed or acceleration? (given that the 300 kph restrictor was eliminated from the equation) And yes, I have been on this forum long enough to know that ________ is the fastest colour!!!:laugh:

the internal hardware stayed the same. I don't know if the 99-00 16bit ecu was mapped differently. Also the fuel system changed but i don't think that would effect acceleration/speed. Early busa had an aluminum subframe vs steal so there may have been a very very slight acceleration difference related to this.

I can't really think of anything else that would have had an affect. ???

16 bit ecu was '99-'01...32 bit '02+

no major performace changes from '99-'07 :banghead:
Posted via Mobile Device

So what is the fastest speed either recorded here by forum members or recorded by a moto mag doing testing w/o the restrictor....my memory might be failing but I am certain I remember one of my mags managing 196 mph with a 99 model? I think the best stock 1/4 was 9.6 and that might have been with Ricky Gadson on board? Like I said, 1999 was a long time ago as I can't remember what I had for dinner last night!:whistle:

'99-'00 models also have external fuel pumps , '01-'07 have internal fuel pumps .

So the gas tanks differ accordingly .

As mentioned earlier the earliest models have 16bit ECUs , later models have 32bit ECUs .

The earliest models also have the aluminum subframe , saving approx. 4lbs.

SportRider mag. stated 194mph top speed on the '99 test , slightly faster than the de-restricted tests I have seen on newer Gen I bikes .

External idle adjustment knob, external fuel pump, aluminum rear subframe,
220 guages, yellow turn signal covers, No hazard lights.

Not that this effects speed, but it can really mess you up if you are doing any mods. They changed some of the wire colors in the harnesses over the years.

Back