Storing your bike inside...

Don't think so....the tanks are sealed and pressurized during riding. Unless you open the tank filler you shouldn't have a problem (but be sure you don't have any slow leaks or oil/gas might become an issue)

I have a 2 story house and have 3 bikes and 3 minibikes in my basement and have never had any problems and my heater that heats the house is down stairs also, never any problems.

I have a friend that stores his FZ1 in his living room because he doesn't have a secure garage. I didn't smell any fumes that last couple of time I was at his place.

must be just massive temp changes then, because I can smell the vapors when the the bike goes from the cold garage to the warm sun, I can smell them when it is in the SUN, no fumes in the garage... must warm up enough to trip the vent... I suppose in a house with stable temps.. not a problem.

Had mine, brand new, in the house for a couple weeks......nothing but new-bike smells....it was GREAT !!! :super:

when I'm away from home for a while , for extra house security, I put mine next to the back door & roadlok it...only gas smell is when I start it up to ride out the front door. (unless the wife is home, then I gotta push it out the back since she wasn't too pleased with me the first time I rode through the house:whistle:)

If its a Harley you probably need some plastic under it to catch all the oil leakage and then reinforce the floor from underneath to handle all that weight. But if its a Busa shouldnt be any problem. :whistle:

I do it every winter for mod work and zero fumes!

DSC00701 (Small).JPG

Back