My buddies R6 needs mo powa

BUSANAS

Registered
Friend of mine has a 04' R6 he wants to fix it up a little and has only a micron slipon, he wants headers and powercommander and I told him I would help find headers for him, the problem im having is that I cant seem to find a decent header to use with the micron slip on and it seems there is descreptency on if aftermarket headers would fit with the size of pipe from the manufacturer, so the slip on wouldnt work with headers and a full system would need to be purchased. Any help on this would be great or where to look, I checked morepower motomummy ebay, I dont know if getting rid of the slipon is an option.
thanks

A full system uses it's own muffler...it's not gonna work with slip on. Sell
the slip on and just buy a FULL system...PC and change the gearing to wake
up that R6 :thumbsup:

Yaya, thats what I thought the plan was full exhaust and pc3.. I guess the next question would be which exhaust might be his best option for $ and power?

I had an Akropovic full titanium system on my 03 R6. Not cheap, but one of the best systems in quality and performance by far.

I owned the 04 R6 myself, great bike. If he likes the sound of the slip on and just wants more "power" the best and CHEAPEST way to go is changing the gear ratio (1 down in front, or 2 up in rear) By far the most effective way for the money to have more usable power out of a 600.

Start there.

I owned the 04 R6 myself, great bike. If he likes the sound of the slip on and just wants more "power" the best and CHEAPEST way to go is changing the gear ratio (1 down in front, or 2 up in rear) By far the most effective way for the money to have more usable power out of a 600.

Start there.
I agree I had a 2002 R6 with Micron slip on and 1 down 2 up, that was the shiznit!

Be sure to check out the R1-forum.com, they'er a great source for all things regarding Yamaha R1's & R6's with a great classified section. I got tons of help there when I had my '01 R1. Also check with Kevin- VMAN1300, he knows his sheet when it comes to R1&6's:beerchug:

a good custom exhaust shop could make some custom flanges for a header im just saying.

Full system, sell slip-on, or sell bike and get a Busa so you can have the other 699cc a motor should have hehe

Back