MPH with 16 tooth sprocket?

dragonbusa

Registered
I heard some where that with a 16 tooth front and stock 40 rear the speedo will read correct. We have a 1/4 mile marked off at an old air strip in town,and I"m crossing the line at 160-162mph (no the bike aint stock!) whats that work out to in real mph? thanks for any in put.

Not tring to be a smart a$$ but Id rather not give op all that info. The comp pretty tuff at the local track.:thumbsup:

At 16/40 your speedo is even more off than stock...17/40 is about 7% too fast. A indicated speed of 100 is actually about 93.

18/40 would be close to acurate, but it would kill your 1/4 mile times.

OK I just did the same thing to my Busa put a 16 tooth front sproket on and then it was put on the dyno yesterday the speedo reads fast. I also had a speedo healer in place and so I was able to correct the speedo in the 50-80 mph range. The speedohealer does not correct your speedo all the way around. :whistle:

there's a spreadsheet floating around that breaks it all down... lemmie see if I can find it

oh yeah, the sportvue will give you gps accurate speeds regardless of your gear ratios ... about the same $$ as a shift light/gear indicator/speedo healer :whistle:

Back