16 tooth and speedohealer

Epstein

Registered
Does anyone have the 16 tooth sprocket and the speedohealer?
If you do do you remember what percentage it was to correct the speedometer? Are they all the same or should I use G.P.S to do it.

Thanks in advance

Go to speedohealer.com and use their calculator. Insert all the variables and it will give you a pretty close calibration that you can refine.

Go to speedohealer.com and use their calculator. Insert all the variables and it will give you a pretty close calibration that you can refine.
Yup. SH Online Calculator

With stock rear and 16T front -5.9% on the SH. (then you need to adjust for the Normal Speedo error...)

I literally have JUST gone through this process. I even tracked this stuff with a spreadsheet. I have a 16T up front and a speedohealer, and used -9.8 as the correction.

It turns out that my odo is off by less than -1%, and my speedo is off by less than +3%. Both are tested against a GPS.

I have a fairly worn tire, so you way want to change it a bit, but -9.8 is VERY CLOSE!

I was using -13 based on the standard error (7% ?) and the gear change, but that threw my odo off, and I was getting crappy results for gas mileage.

I installed the Speedohealer yesterday and it was pretty easy to install. I took the bike for a ride with my G.P.S prior to installing it and came up with just about a 10% correction. I set the speedohealer for the 10% and then took it for another ride and it seemed to be just about perfect so it seems that between 9% and 10% is a pretty good place to start with a 16 tooth sprocket.

Back