wind effect on busa

spot

Registered
I went for a ride today about a 5-8 mph wind busa seamed to be affected by the wind more then my fj was is this just a normal busa thing nothing major just could feel the side to side motion

I went for a ride today about a 5-8 mph wind busa seamed to be affected by the wind more then my fj was is this just a normal busa thing nothing major just could feel the side to side motion
Heres the secret:
speed up and twist the throttle and cut through it!!!!!!!!! thats what the Busa was meant to do , tested and developed in a wind tunnel, let the busa loose. you open the throttle and you will see a busa cut the wind and not twitch,

Was riding in 30 to 40 last thursday and it was not an issue. From the side the Busa does have alot of area .. Maybe that is the diff between your old bike and the K8

A busa will act like a sail in a cross wind. Most bikes with fairings will. I ride in Kansas, so a small 20-30mph isn't too much of a concern for me
beerchug.gif

We are having really bad wind around the uk at the moment - i went out sunday. The bikes very bad for being blown across lanes... you move 3 feet odd if you catch a gust. Scared me to death to be honest. I was having to ride either in the curb or the centre of the road to allow for it.

Best take the car if there is a gail a blowin.

Jza

e in ireland...very heavy winds and this is my first Busa and I was thinking what the fook is gong on. One of the lads out with us is an instructor and he said just ease your grip on the bike and relax and let your body buffet the wind. The reason that it veers is that when the wind hits you , you automatically clench and its you that makes it swerve! So I attempted this, it took a while, but it does work on windy days! other days its backto the normal hanging on for dear life
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Heres the secret:
speed up and twist the throttle and cut through it!!!!!!!!! thats what the Busa was meant to do , tested and developed in a wind tunnel, let the busa loose. you open the throttle and you will see a busa cut the wind and not twitch,
I am with you man. Coming from a naked bike I almost freaked when that first heavy crosswind hit. 1200 miles later I have adjusted but will give the throttle twist thing a try. I like twisting the bugger.
laugh.gif

Heres the secret:
speed up and twist the throttle and cut through it!!!!!!!!! thats what the Busa was meant to do , tested and developed in a wind tunnel, let the busa loose. you open the throttle and you will see a busa cut  the wind and not twitch,
I am with you man. Coming from a naked bike I almost freaked when that first heavy crosswind hit. 1200 miles later I have adjusted but will give the throttle twist thing a try. I like twisting the bugger.
laugh.gif
Great for headwinds - not so for side winds LOL

I always stick a knee out to the side that is gusting on me, The knee will break the wind as it hits you, also the leg catches the wind from the front and pulls you into the side wind
beerchug.gif

I always stick a knee out to the side that is gusting on me, The knee will break the wind as it hits you, also the leg catches the wind from the front and pulls you into the side wind
beerchug.gif
I do the same thing cuzz i think it helps me during braking lol stop quicker or line up a turn i am about to dive into

Those are great tips, wind always scare the hell outta me, since the Busa is my first bike over 200CC, I tend to freak out when the wind hits me hard on the road  
dunno.gif

I'll try all the tips, thx duudes!.
idea3.gif

Been in some severe winds lately with my '06, I was amazed at how well it cut the wind, and I mean gust.

3 things

1) yup loosen your grip on windy days, the wind is "catching" you making your body and consequently your arms to move, this leads to countersteering and you and the bike get knocked all over the place- loosen the grip problem will virtually disapear

2) The busa is developed to go quickly I find with both my Gen I and Gen II 90mph+ and everything settles down no matter how windy, keep the speed up if at all possible

3) Keep back from trucks as the "rotor air" in it's wake really catches the fairing and makes the bike feel unstable, you can blast by in a second so why tailgate it anyway

smile.gif

In theory the speed up thing also works, as the faster you go the more gyroscopic effect you are creating which makes the bike want to stand up straighter. I have found that if I tuck even with a cross wind it helps. I guess getting the big 6'2" frame out of the wind helps some.

I hate gusts
guns.gif
all you can do is ride 'em out. At full tuck even at 200mph a gust can lean the bike over for a moment sending you a few feet off your path. Just correct your path afterwards.
guns.gif

guns.gif

on a windy day the busa DOES NOT move at all above 100km..so the secret is just open that throttle!!

Back