Question about HID lights.

zx9r

Registered
I know there is a great product under the group buys for HID lights. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on these?

StarRotors.com - Headlight Bulbs/LEDs

I chose the H7/H9 and they are $85 for the set. Does anyone have any past experience with this company or this product.

they should be pretty comparable to most hid sets. Trust me when I say most are pretty much the same the warranty is the key. Some are one year warranty others are 5 years a good warranty is worth it's weight in gold.

WOW has the price come down over the years. It cost me over $130 to put HID on my 2000 busa a "few" years back. Loved them so much I took them out and put the same Lo beam in my 08. still running strong.
I agree with RACER_X don't put them in for Hi beam. too slow to flash for pass and way too bright to run in daylight. Other riders in groups rides got blinded my it.

WOW has the price come down over the years. It cost me over $130 to put HID on my 2000 busa a "few" years back. Loved them so much I took them out and put the same Lo beam in my 08. still running strong.
I agree with RACER_X don't put them in for Hi beam. too slow to flash for pass and way too bright to run in daylight. Other riders in groups rides got blinded my it.

I think my first set of HID's cost just shy of $200 for two H7 bulbs. So yeah, they are super cheap now.

High beam is a personal preference you lose your ability to flash to pass. On the flip side I love my high beam hid and I don't really have to worry about flashing . They tend to see me coming. :laugh: but if you do be so kind to others to make sure your lights are aimed properly that will definitely help.

So are you guys it isnt a good idea to do the high beam???

It's not necessary, and as stated previously you lose the "flash to pass" feature - HID's can't work that quick. I installed my low beam and it completely drowns out the high beam now, but it's definitely still visible in flash to pass mode and will be seen by a driver in their mirror.

I just did both high and low.
When I drive at night I will shut off the high when I even remotely see anyone coming no matter how far away they are - common courtesy, but I want to be able to see as far as I can when I am alone.
I want to be seen in the daytime, and will run with both on.
Just me.

I just did both high and low.
When I drive at night I will shut off the high when I even remotely see anyone coming no matter how far away they are - common courtesy, but I want to be able to see as far as I can when I am alone.
I want to be seen in the daytime, and will run with both on.
Just me.

Mike, if people can't see your low HID on, let alone both it's time to move - you live around some seriously BLIND drivers! :laugh:

Mike, if people can't see your low HID on, let alone both it's time to move - you live around some seriously BLIND drivers! :laugh:

:thumbsup:

I had the PIAA's on high and low and also had a headlight modulator that continually flashed the high beam on and off, and I still had a few close calls.
Can't believe it, but true.
The HID's are my next ramp up to people who refuse to see. :laugh:

are these very hard to install? I been wanting to do this to mine, but have'nt had the time to research it, hmm... I guess this would be a good time for some research. thanks in advance, Brian

I did a group buy through Rick the owner of Star Rotors and they treated me really well. Even after a couple guys ordered the wrong bulbs. I ran these in my GSXR 1000 for the past year and a half they worked awesome. I took the kits out and will be running them for sure on my next bike.

Not hard to install! Finding a place to put them and getting the wiring routed nicely is the harder part! Many pic here at the site to help show you how and where to mount the units!

(stock head light connector)====(stock headlamp bulb) Factory setup

(stock Headlamp connector)=== (plug in hid power and negative wire to stock connector )====(ballast resistor)======(hid bulb connectors from ballast)(hid bulb connector to bulb) ======(hid bulb)

I run both high and low in the day time! Low at night....high beam when ever I am not blinding on coming cars!

I have the high and low HID's ...I didn't like the high beam so I went back to stock on it. I have some no name kit that cost 35 bucks and work great :thumbsup: The ballast fit under the meter panels on top of the air ducts...some people take the whole front cowling off to install them for a little cleaner install (a lot of work). The rubber boot around the stock bulb can be a pain with the kit I have but not too bad.... make sure you get it to seal. Some headlight adjusting might be necessary also.

Back