Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DDM HID install

RACER_X

Registered
so i got around to installing my HID's

thanks to this thread, it was alot easier

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/95941-gen2-instrument-panel-removal.html

thanks fella;s

TRY AN AVOID TOUCHING THE ACTUAL BULB!

this is to show basically the entire kit.
your going to eventually cut the clear plastic over the bulb itself and discard it.
i ended up cutting the plastic grommet that held all the wires.
i also cut off some black piece that is show in pic #6
The red and black spades plug into the OE harness. Red - WHITE in the OE harness and Black - BLACK in the OE

everything else pretty much plugs into itself.

rvbnd1.jpg

to show how small the ballast is

qohe78.jpg

10hndag.jpg

i put everything on the right side, the left has fuses and such

o9qxll.jpg

i ended up routing the wiring thru this spot

244wqpx.jpg

I also ended up cutting this piece out too, not sure whats is for.

2ptxduw.jpg

i ended up cutting this grommet thingy out as it prevent the dust cover from closing completely.

s5wjl1.jpg

this is all you really need coming out of the dust cover (the red and black spades that plug into the OE harness) , i ended up shoving that rubber grommet i cut off, inside the outer tip of this cover to try and keep some water out.

1zbth0h.jpg

ended up using the double sided tape to hold down the ballast and ignitor (the smaller black box) have an assortment of zip ties ZIC

1ihclv.jpg

plug everything together , zip tie as much as possibe.

its really an easy job and if your in town i'd help you put it together. i would say really about an 1/2 hr job. plan ahead. cuz i had to cut alot of elec tape that i had around the OE harness of a few times cuz i found a better path

sfeyp0.jpg

only shot i have as its raining now, and i also cleaned up my bike

hope this helps

DDM Tuning - HID Kits, HID Bulbs, DEPO Lighting, BMW and Porsche Performance Accessories
$54 delivered
35w 5000k

Last edited:
That's great. The plastic cover should have screwed off, you're saying you had to cut it off. Those ballast are small. :thumbsup:

well the round cyl. top part screw off, but i had to cut the base off.

You have to help me out. I'm a little slow. I know you're happy with them :thumbsup:

the bulb comes enclosed in a clear plastic "container" , the cyndrical part unscrews and leaves a clear base w/ threads. you have to cut the clear base thingy. i also cut the black thing below this base as well.

2cwwsc0.jpg

sweet...let me know if u're happy with the brightness...i want to get a set myself after i figure my gear problems

I went with the 35 W and the 6K set up and love it. I did hi & low beam and it is bright for sure

8 K won't be as bright / white ............... just a different colour

8k is in the blue range I did a 6k high and low 35w love em slightly diff slim kit ballasts are silverish and that black thing on the end is actually there to trim and allow the proper spring clip tension on the H7 bulb needs to be trimmed around the corners to work. :beerchug:

the higher the #, the less the light output and more blue to purple. 4300 is natural sunlight.

DDM tuning HIDs are great I have had them for 4 months now and I use my bike to commute every day for 120miles round trip and they are great... Love them. This will be the second mod I do on all my new bikes... First being SS brake lines... :laugh:

Good pictures! I went with the 6k low and high. Either way night time riding is awesome now!

Top Bottom