Just rode 1450 Picking it up!!

jaschil69

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

I have been off of the site for some time because I sold my '03 anniv Busa last year. I bought a ZX14 and was soooooo unhappy with it. Which brings me to now......

I sold the ZX14 on Wednesday around 2. I bought my 08 at 5!! Great timing. Bike is perfect in every way. Completely stock with the exception of a LoJack system. 3700 miles. Hump has never even been on the bike. All paperwork, sales sheets, RF1000 Busa helmet and AGV gloves included...7900 bucks. The bike was in Los Angeles and I am in Ft Worth. Flew out Sat morning and made it home at 340 am this morning.

I couldn't be happier with the bike!!

Gotta Love Ebay

08 Busa2.jpg

08 Busa1.jpg

08 Busa3.jpg

I have to tell y'all, I took a trip on the Kawi up to Santa Fe, NM and it was not nearly as comfy as the Busa. It was 1458 mi. from the pick up in LA to my garage. It was great. Bike also came with a warranty to 1/2014

Nice deal. Best I could find from a dealer around here was $10K OTD + tax. Gonna have a B/O shipped tomorrow. Hemoraging cash. Still a thousand less than i woulda paid last year. Curious to see how it stacks up against the 14. Don't matter. I just know i love them both.

The 14 put so much heat on the legs it was ridiculous. When you start a 14 it rattles like it has no oil for a second or two. Can't be good. I had it for 4 months and that was enough. It was fast, but just wasn't for me.

congrats! i'm flying out to NC this fri. to pick up an '08 BUSA, only 1100 mi in 2 days. i live in basically houston, TX lol

The 14 put so much heat on the legs it was ridiculous. When you start a 14 it rattles like it has no oil for a second or two. Can't be good. I had it for 4 months and that was enough. It was fast, but just wasn't for me.

Yup...my 06 ZX14 did the same thing. The new owner called me and asked when I last changed the oil as it had the rattle at start up and he thought maybe it needed an oil change. My legs are still medium rare from one summer with the 14. Good luck with your Busa !

Street racer,

Seems to be a normal thing with the rattle on startup. If it wasn't for the heat, I would have ridden it for a year or two. Just couldn't do it though.

Racer X,

I bought my last Busa in NC. In Raleigh. That was a nice ride back as well. It is a little more scenic coming through Tennessee than it is in AZ, and NM.. LOL Have fun with it!

right, flying into raleigh, i've done "your" route as well........:laugh:

hoping to hit deals gap on the way home

were you set on the black/grey one, cuz i was talkin to a guy in dallas w/ a blue/gold bike that was a nice deal.

Those were my two choices...Blue or the Silver. One of my friends has the Bk/Orange so I wanted different. Dallas sure would be closer...not as much fun of a ride, but closer.
Either way it will be a lot of fun jumping on a new to you bike

Originally Posted by jaschil69 View Post

Lots of guys get a manual cam chain tensioner to get rid of the rattle but it's a normal Kawi noise for a couple seconds on cold start. Pros and cons to the heat, IMO. The 14 warms up to operating temp fast and I actually enjoy the heat most of the time. Might not be a big plus if you live in a hot climate. The busa has more sport riding features.

Last edited:
Back