Radiator fan will not turn on

Hoopech1

Registered
I installed a new Muzzy's fan and it ran properly-no issues. I then installed my new HMF full system and took it for a ride. It heated up like normal, then went above normal, then went to red. Good thing I didn't go far and was able to shut it off shortly thereafter.

In the garage I took the panels off and checked the coolant reservoir-Full. Then I started the bike and waited-temp crept up over normal and no fan-went to red and no fan. Does anyone know what could be wrong? The fan is connected just like before, so I am not sure of why the fan isn't working. Any help would be appreciated.

hmmm... your other post talked about finding something burnt... now it seems maybe you might have possibly melted something concerning your fan... check everything over real good... fan only has a couple of wire going to it.. check out the routing of those wires and make sure they are still connected to something on the other end and not melted..

Have you checked the connector to the radiator fan that is located under the left side panel....just my .02

when you installed your full exhaust, did you take the radiator off? if so, when you filled it back up, it might have an air bubble in it. let it run with the cap off and carefully shake the back side to side.

good idea psyco-i filled it up, but didn't try to get the air out. And come to mention it, I still have the old fluid in a bucket, so I should check and see if the amount I put in = the amount that came out (+ or -). I will do this when I get home, thanks.

I check the one set of wires coming from the fan and they look ok-no melting-and all is connected fine.

sounds like psycobusa is right then... you probably have air in the system and it needs to be burped... if the temp sensor is trapped in air it wont turn on the fan...

Back