Fan update...heat question

motomc1

Registered
Well...finally got my fan in today and put the muzzy blade on it and filled it up with coolant. I haven't ridden it or put the plastics back on it. I let the bike idle until it finally got a little over the half way point and the fan would kick on and would stop after about 30 seconds. Temp would come back down a little...but not to the half way point. Actually it started creeping around the 3/4 mark of the guage and the fan would cool it back down some cycling on and off. It never went into the red (but close)...and seemed to run hotter than it should and the fan seemed to cycle a little hotter. Is this normal or is something wrong? radiator seemed full and I blipped the throttle a few times with the radiator cap off to burp it. Maybe I didn't burp it enough? thks for any imput.

shake the bike around, make sure the coolant is topped off and run it a few times , then forget it.. the fan should cycle off and on at a regular pace.. the key is the fan runs and shuts off...

My fan cycles the same way. I think it's normal; important part is that the fan is comming on!

When I was filling my coolant I left the cap off. Bike before coming up to temp, the coolant level would rise and fall about an inch?
Is this normal or is the thermostat stuck open?

Back