Magneto Cover '05 Limited

slime

Registered
I have just purchased an '04 Busa. When I got home, I noticed that my left boot was coated in oil! After further inspection, it seems the outer alternator cover is leaking. Has some type of sealent, not a gasket. The bike only has 3800miles. My question;... is there any reason why this would have been removed during the 500 mile (first) service? Is there anything they check during that service that would warrant the removal of the cover? I will see if we stock that gasket tomorrow at work. After 35+ years of riding, and never having a Suzuki, I now have 2! This bike seems fun, if my "old" body can get comfortable on it! Great site!
Thanks.

My question;... is there any reason why this would have been removed during the 500 mile (first) service? Is there anything they check during that service that would warrant the removal of the cover?
maybe some donkey dik went in there to rotate the motor for valve adjustment...

thats about all I can think of...

look for signs that it went down, that cover takes a hit if she low-sides on the left,it(the cover) may have been replaced.

hav a good 1...RSD.

have a good 1?

sounds like hes havin a frustrated 1.................. kokanees are in order, RSDee.

Back