Wont Start HELP!!!

Monedogg

Registered
Hey everyone new to the site just got my first Busa not to long ago its an 04. So need a little help
Got the bike the guy said it was sitting for a while and got a new batt. for it last year so he charged it up for me when i came to pick it up but didnt charge long so it would not start 2 miles down the road no biggie. Took it out for a 2 hour ride the batt charged back up and would start up with no problems. Now that i have only been able to ride on the weekends its been sitting with a batt tender. So i go to start it and it just dies everytime just dead. I jump it she will start right up and can ride with no problems till i turn it off and have to jump it again to get her to start even after riding for hours SO CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT WITH this problem pleaseeeeee

replace the battery it has a bad cell in it. your problem will go away when you do.

Was thinking the same thing batt. is already on order cant wait till it gets here thanks the for the heads up.

If it dies with a new battery check your stator-rectifier. You can use an ohm meter on the battery, you should be getting like 14v under throttle. If the stator or rectifier are bad you will only be seeing around 12v and it will slowly decrease until the bike dies.

My plug from the stator to the rectifier under the rear plastic was torched. Spliced the wires together and its as good as new.

Back