03 sputtering/starting problems

MaBusa214

Registered
I was riding my 03 'Busa most of the day with no issues, I decided to take it on a quick ride in the evening before putting her up. I road 5-10 miles into town with no problems, but when I was almost home the bike started sputtering and loosing power. I was in second gear and felt the bike start jerking and sputtering. I downshifted to 1st and gave it gas. The bike continued to jerk and sputter before it finally stalled. I coasted to a stop and tried to restart it, but it refused to start. When I turn the bike on I can hear the fuel pump kicking on, so I don't think it's the pump. When I searched this issue I saw this issue was common with the earlier models but was supposed to be fixed by 03. Any suggestions?

Uh, yes I have gas, I checked each spark plug and they are all sparking, disconnected fuel line from pump to fuel rail and fuel started pouring out. Not sure if this is supposed to happen when the pump is not running. By pouring out I mean it was not just the fuel in the lines, but fuel was flowing through the pump and out the lines with it not running. Is there anywhere to check pump pressure? I couldn't find a test port anywhere. It has 19k and this has never happened.

Has this problem been fixed? Imy having the same problem with my 06 sputtering untill around 3 to 4000 rpm

Back