GEN II busa problem..... AGAIN!!!

kingbusa

Registered
What the heck?? I started my bike this morning in the garage and let it idle for about 5 minutes. I turned it off. A couple minutes later I rode my bike down the road about 2 miles from my apt to get a gas. After I closed the gas tank, I turned the ignition key and when I pressed the starter key, the gauges start flickering like crazy and making that tacking noises.
What's going on? Was it my HID set up wrong???
HELP!!!
I had my busa get all the recall done by the local dealership including the rectifier, I believe.

Check the battery connections and the volts and amps on it while you there with and without load.

Sounds like a bad battery or the battery isnt being charged if the ticking noise is the one I am thinking of.

Is the ticking noise commingle from the dash? Mine was making noise when the hid 's interfered with my dash and made it look like mine was possessed. Hid is notorious for messing with your dash.

Another take on the battery connection, did you unplug your dash? It could just not be seated correctly. One member ground the bike won't even start if it is not connected.

Again this only of the battery is good.

Sent from my GSB v3.6 ODEXed using Tapatalk

I don't think it was the battery because I just got the battery recharge from the dealership a week ago. I checked the battery connection and they are all good. I may have to take the front fairing off and check the HID.

majestic12 - Yes, the ticking noise came from the dash. If it is the HID then what should I do with them? I have low and high HID. Should I take them off?

Thanks guys for the reply.

Move all components of the HIDs as far away from your dash/gauges.
No need to take them off.

So where do you put the HID component if no under the right air ram tube? Run a longer wire to the tail?

Back